Saturday, January 16, 2010

Hostess Gifts

I love giving my club hostesses something a little extra special! This month, I cased an idea from Michelle Wooderson (Mish Mash), who always makes these cute little kits with basic cards or bookmarks, then includes lots of little embellishments to decorate them yourself. Mine are no where near as cute as hers, but I think my girls enjoyed what I came up with:

DSCF6403

Each little kit comes with four 3x3" cards & envies plus some DP, heart cut-outs, ribbon and sentiments to play with, all in a sweet little Top Note container! Here are a few photos:

The fun papers to start out with:

DSCF6407

the little embellishments contained in SU's new glassine bags;

DSCF6404

which include sentiments from various SU sets:

DSCF6405

and the fun goodies to add on:

DSCF6406

and a little side view:

DSCF6408

So what do you think? Do you want to know how to make this? Here you go, real quick (this sample is a little different from the above one, as I made two):

Cut two Top Notes and score them 7/8" along the LONG side. Cut 2 pieces of cardstock 1" x 2 5/8" and score 7/8" from each end, as shown below. It's a good idea to decorate your front now, before adhering all the pieces together.
DSCF6442

Adhere the scored pieces of the Top Note together at the bottom fold; I like to use clothes pins to hold them together while they dry.

DSCF6445

Now adhere a side tab to the inside of the Top Note, one on each side, next to the point:

DSCF6448

And then adhere the other side of the side tab to the other Top Note; again, I used clothes pins:

DSCF6450

DSCF6451

I prefer to use the Tombow Multi Liquid Glue for these projects; it dries fairly quickly but you still have a few seconds of wiggle room time to move your pieces, unlike Sticky Strip! Then you can fill your little box with whatever you want! Hope this inspires you to make one too!

  • Stamps: I {Heart} Hearts, Define Your Life, Defining Alphabet, All Holidays, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Always
  • Paper: Various pinks & reds, all SU, WW, Sending Love, Razzleberry Lemonade, Sweet Pea & Tea Party DP
  • Ink: Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Rose Red, Pink Passion, Real Red
  • Acc: Top Note, Big Shot, Heart Punches, Pinking Hearts Punch, Scallop Punch, Glassine Bags, Various Ribbons, Rhinestone

16 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, what a terrific project, LeAnne! Great tutorial, too ... you make it look so easy!

What a great, no-calorie gift idea for V-day!!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Oooo, I've got that Top Note Die, will definitely have to try this lovely project! And thanks for pointing out another way for me to spend money... glassine bags!!! Need 'em (and can never find them at Michael's, or any of those stores). Glad to see SU! is carrying them.

Ann said...

Oh my word, these are absolutely sweet and cute! I bet your girls LOVED them...I do!

Anonymous said...

I love this!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!! great idea for a gift idea to maybe get someone (hooked)started with stamping!
Ilene B.

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

LeAnne, these are FABULOUS!! You are amazing!! Can't wait to spend the weekend together stamping our little hearts out!!

Caryl P said...

You are just too amazing LeAnne! I see one of these projects in my future....perhaps even sitting on my desk at school. Thanks for the tutorial and inspiration!

Renee said...

How cute! What a great hostess gift! You did such a great job putting everything together....awesome!

Lesley said...

Love it LeAnne! I have that die and must try making those. Thank you for your kind comment on my blog! You are such a great gal!!

Hugs,
Lesley :)

Susie said...

Wow...I absolutely LOVE this hostess gift. I can't wait to make one of these. Thanks for sharing!

Toni Sacrison said...

So sweet and fun! Thanks for sharing the tutorial too!

Kim Evans said...

Oh you clever girl! This is adorable. Thanks for sharing!!
Kim

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is ADORABLE, LeAnne and WAY, WAY, WAY cuter than anything I've ever seen!

Corie said...

FANTASTIC -- what a great idea, thank for sharing the tutorial!!

Carol L said...

This is a must-try fun project! Thanks for showing us how to re-create one of our own! Yours is just fun, and it's so thoughtful of you to create all these for your friends! I love that they can add their own embellishments and sentiments! Awesome!

Juanita said...

What a fabulous little gift. Brilliant idea, and thanks for sharing the quick little how-to for us.

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic - I love it! I also use the glue rather than the sticky strip any time I can. It's so much more forgiving! I love your project and tutorial. TFS!