Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sweet Pea Trio

DSCF6474

When I first received SU's new Sweet Pea Designer Paper pack, I thought, "What in the world am I going to do with some of these pages?"  If you're a scrapper, there are lots of cool pages for layouts.  If you're a cardmaker, you may think that those pages will just go to waste.  I wanted to make a few cards with those exact pages just to show my customers that with very few supplies, you can make some awesome cards with those pages. 

Basically, I just cut the portion of the 12x12 sheet that had the main focus on it, into a 4"x5 1/4" sheet, mounted it onto a coordinating color card and added a rub-on sentiment.  So let's look & see.  Here is a full sheet of DP:

DSCF6489

I trimmed the corner down to the size I wanted, added a couple layers, a rub-on sentiment from Autumn Harvest, and faintly stamped a little silhouette from Pocket Silhouettes on the panel.  I added a Pumpkin Pie flower punched from the Boho Blossoms punched, stamped it in Craft White with the polka dots from IBBG and added a large brown brad for this quick effect:

DSCF6473

Even easier is the next one: no stamping at all!  JUST a rub-on sentiment:

DSCF6471

Oops, I lied.....I did line the interior of the card and stamped a tiny little bit:

DSCF6472

 

 

 

 

 

Recognize that from the Trendy Trees set?

 

 

Finally, I did do this one up a little more with some heat embossing of the Medallion stamp and a little tag cut with the Modern Label punch and using the Teeny Tiny Wishes set:

DSCF6475

You will get LOTS of use from this great DP---there are tons of coordinating patterns & prints....I can't wait to go make some more!  TFL!  Remember, if you'd like to create some projects like this, I can help you with any SU purchase you may care to make!  Just click on my link on the sidebar!

15 comments:

Lesley said...

Great cards LeAnne! Love what you did with the DSP! I just ordered that paper myself! The butterflies are lovely.

Smiles,
Lesley :)

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! Easy peasy and so fun! Love how you embossed the Medallion stamp directly on the paper, too. Wonderful cards!

Susan Raihala said...

Wow, LeAnne, you did a great job integrating all that DP into cards!

linda said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Your work is fantastic...so clean and vibrant in color...very happy definitely :P

Zhenya and Nika Aksutin said...

All cards are beautiful!!! Love
Nika

Barbara said...

I think you figured out what to do, LOL! They're all just wonderful, LeAnne!!!

Diane Noble said...

Hi sweet friend! I love, love, love your cards from the sweet pea pack! They are all adorable. I love those papers. I want to rip into it and get started. Thanks for the inspiration. You never fail to offer it generously!

Renee said...

LeAnne these are fantastic! You are just so darn clever and such an inspiration!

I"m going to be MIA till the 29th...my dad is very ill and in the hospital in Arkansas. Please pray for him!

Hugs
Renee

Anonymous said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!!! YOU ROCK GIRLIE!!! What a super great tutorial for all of us to be inspired to drag out that DSP!!! You truly helped me my friend thank tou sooooooooo much. You are a genius!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Fabulous designs! That first one is GORGEOUS! I think I'm gonna' need that paper!

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful, LeAnne! I love them! :)

Linda said...

These are beautiful cards! I go to a class on Saturday. I can't wait to see the new stuff. I wish I was going to your house for my class:(

Deb Neerman said...

Love, love, love 'em, LeAnne! Just gorgeous.

You've completely sold me on that paper pack!

Juanita said...

fabulous work with the DSP. I love all three of these samples.

Kim said...

Ooooo, this is great!!! Can you believe I don't own this stamp yet??? You may have enabled me LeAnne :)