Friday, January 15, 2010

Sweet Anniversary

Tomorrow is my anniversary, so I made a fairly simple card for my sweetie using Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch #51:

SSSC51

DSCF6504

I used my new little Heart Embosslit and found out two things. Number one, if you do not have your plates aligned properly, you can BEND embosslits. And then, they do not work properly! After much wiggling around (and breaking a hinge), I got it to where it will emboss almost properly but it was a lesson learned! If it is bent, it will "over" emboss--you will get little holes in your cardstock, and it is almost impossible to get the embossed piece off the embosslit! Anyway, that being said, I also found out number two (this may be old news but it was new to me!): you can punch a heart with the SU Heart Punch, then lay it on top of the embosslit:

DSCF6500

A little Dotto helps keep it in place if you like:

DSCF6501

Then run it through your Big Shot, and you get a nice smaller embossed piece:

DSCF6502

which you can now layer over another one you've already run through the Embosslit:

DSCF6503

Neat, huh? So I just made three sets of these to put on my card, added a little peek-a-boo sentiment at the bottom, a "love" heart from I {Heart} Hearts, and a little strip of ribbon. I imagine he'll think it's a little girlie, but he'll like it! Thanks for visiting today!

  • Stamps: Always, I {Heart} Hearts
  • Paper: WW, Rose Red, Regal Rose, Sweet Pea DP
  • Ink: Rose Red
  • Acc: Word Window Punch, Large & Small Heart Punches, Heart Embosslits, Organdy Ribbon, Glue Dots & Dimensionals

13 comments:

Jeanette said...

Great tips. Sorry about your troubles. I am going to buy this emboslette this month. Thanks

Carol L said...

What a fantastic card! I love the layered hearts and pretty design! Happy Anniversary my friend, I hope you make it a special one!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

CUTE card, LeAnne! Have a wonderfully happy anniversary!

Stacey Schafer said...

nifty idea!

Caryl P said...

Beautiful card LeAnne, and thanks for all the handy tips! Happy Anniversary!

Susan Raihala said...

Wonderful card! And Happy Anniversary!

Renee said...

LeAnne this is stunning! What a sweet card for your hubby!

Happy Anniversary!

Hugs
Renee

Corie said...

WOW -- what a great idea -- thanks for sharing!!

Corie said...

I forgot to say Happy Anniversary. Can I link to this post to share you idea with my readers?

Thanks,
Corie

Anonymous said...

Poor LeAnne. Do it the lazy way. Cut the heart then lay it on a swiss dot embossing folder. Not quite the same, but it avoids having a stroke.

Heather D said...

Ooh, I wish I had read this post earlier ... I did the exact same thing with my heart embosslit and broke the hinge too. I think it is working OK again but I was surprised at how fragile it is compared to the other dies! And thanks for the tip about punching out the heart first and embossing. Didn't know that and will definitely do it!!

Juanita said...

That is a great tip on the punch/embosslit, and also about making sure everything is aligned properly.
The card looks great, Have a happy anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Hi LeAnne. I found your site from Corie's and came by to say hello! I love your card here, as well as all the others I've come across. Just beautiful!!

I'm wondering about your awesome tip - I think you could also use the embosslit first, then put it through your punch next. It seems easier to me, but then again I don't have the heart punch (duh! What am I thinking not having it now??) yet to test it out. I think if you used the embosslit on a slightly longer piece of cs you could line it up in your punch. Just a thought.

I'll be back for more for sure!