Tuesday, January 26, 2010

ColourQ#17

DSCF6550-2

Imagine my excitement when Arielle from ColourQ Challenges told me that I was to be a Guest Designer for this week! Her challenges are always fun and I was not disappointed when I saw her inspiration:

cqc17

Now, I must confess that this has an Asian feel to it and I have never been very good at interpreting that style. Normally I would just take the colors and run with my own thing, but I decided to go “literal” and try to re-create the design….with a few little changes. I started by making a little pizza box…

DSCF6550

It’s little….only about two inches square…..decorated with some flowers from Eastern Blossoms, some punched Boho Blossoms filled with microbeads, and a little sentiment from PTI’s Mixed Messages. Inside is this little hand-crafted pin I made:

DSCF6551

Here’s another view:

DSCF6554

This was made by stamping a square of Bashful Blue cardstock with various images. I then added some mini rhinestones and covered the entire piece with Versamark and Glassy Glaze EP and heated it up. I gave it two more coats of GG, then mounted it on a double backing of Basic Black cardstock cut with a Nestie, and added a pin back.

Now to complete my little gift set, I made a simple card:

DSCF6547

Here they are all together:

DSCF6553

Each piece has it’s own different feel but together they make an interesting set! I really enjoyed creating each piece.

  • Stamps: Eastern Blooms, Mixed Messages & Believe, PTI
  • Paper: Bashful Blue, WW, Basic Black, Taken with Teal
  • Ink: Palette Noir, Real Red, Taken with Teal
  • Acc: Markers, Rhinestones, Boho Blossom Punch, Nesties, Gingham Ribbon, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Glassy Glaze EP, MicroBeads, Circle Punches

Just an update on my dad—he did come home and is staying with my sister for a while until he feels better. That is truly an answer to prayer and thank you ALL who prayed and commented!!!

19 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

WoW, LeAnne, these projects are fantabulous!! And congrats on the Guest DT gig.

I love that stamp set and the color combination rocks! Looks like you nailed this challenge!

Lesley said...

Congrats on the Guest Designer Spot!!! Too cool! Your projects are stunning, love that colour combo.

Smiles,
Lesley :)

Denise Marzec said...

Hey, HUGE CONGRATS on the GD spot. I LOOOOOVE your pizza box and cards...awesome job, girl! Beautifully done!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

LeAnne, you are so good with the color challenges and it is no wonder you were chosen. Congratulations! Your project is beautiful! Absolutely beautiful!!

Susan Raihala said...

Congratulations! This set is absolutely genius!

Zhenya and Nika Aksutin said...

Very beautiful!!! Hello and love from Russia!Nika

Barbara said...

Huge congrats on the DT gig!!! Awesome set, LeAnne!!! I just LOVE what you did with this challenge!! You ROCKED it!

Juanita said...

Glad to hear your Dad is going to be close to you for awhile. I will continue to pray for his health.
This set is so amazing, I don't have words to describe this. The pin is darling and the card and gift box to go with it will be cherished for years, I am sure.
Great job with this.

Tammy Hershberger said...

LeAnne, this is INCREDIBLE!!! That pin is fabulous, with the box and the card! What a unique gift, and congrats on the Guest DT gig!

Kim said...

LeAnne, this is a GORGEOUS set!!! And a HUGE congrats to you! Well deserved!!

mudmaven said...

LeAnne you are absolutely astonishing! Such talent boggles the mind. These are soooooooo gorgeous! Love the colors, love the bling, love the creativity, love ... well just everything about this project. ~chris

Anonymous said...

WOWza

penniem said...

These are beautiful LeAnne! You have inspired me to get back to some jewelry making - always love that. Always love seeing what you are up to.
Pennie

Harriet Skelly said...

Great box and card set LeAnne. I just read your post about your dad and I am glad he is at your sister's! I will keep him in my prayers.
Congrats on the guest designer spot too!

Leonie said...

What a beautifuk trio!

Ann said...

Congrats on the GD spot! Your creations ROCK! I LOVE that little pin!

Linda said...

Oh LeAnne, This is so cool! You really captured the Asian feel. That would be hard for me. I love what you did with it.

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

Guest DT!?! Yeehaw!!! Congrats, Girlie!!!!!! These projects are gaw-jus (in the words of JanTink). ;o)

I'm so glad to hear your Dad is doing better!

Can't wait to hang out this weekend....stamping for 2 days straight!! haha!!

Stacey Schafer said...

You have knocked my socks right off with this one, LeAnne! I think your mojo is just FINE! Gotta order some Glassy Glaze now:)