Friday, January 8, 2010

10-Minute Valentine Challenge

DSCF6431

DH's favorite color is camouflage!! Is that really a color? Anyway, I threw caution to the wind today and made him a quick little un-traditional Valentine card that reminds me of camouflage and fulfills a whole bunch of challenges!

Here they are:

act 11

So I can thank Susan for this "new" technique of placing scored lines on my card....I just never think to do it, plus I don't have a Scor-Pal, but it is easy enough to do it with my scoring tool:

DSCF6433

The CAS part is self-explanatory! The stamps are a new clear-mount set from SU, which I have been using a LOT lately! This really did take about 10 minutes--I decided to add some embossing with my Big Shot (look at the closeup photo on top) so that may have added a minute or two (only because I had to look up my directions as to how to do it!!!). Thanks for visiting today!

12 comments:

Carole'Anne AKA Stampin Stressaway said...

Brilliantly done my friend
I sure love your card and your version of a 10 minute card
I am so proud of you!
I sure love your design here!
wonderfully done!
thank you so very much for playing along so nice of you!
yhahooooo

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very cute, LeAnne! What a great idea for a camo-Valentine for your hubby!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, this is TOOOO cool! Those colors are TOTALLY camo colors. Your husband will LOVE it!

Stacey Schafer said...

Fantastic hubby card, LeAnne! I love the CAS look with those clean scored lines:) Thanks so much for sharing this for the Curtain Call!

Carol L said...

You and I were on the same wave length today with 4 little hearts! LOL Seriously, this is a GREAT guy card done in those colors and I LOVE the C&S look!! Way to rock all those challenges into one great card!!

Jenny Gropp said...

Love the clean embossed lines! Great card and ideas!

Renee said...

This is a cute valentine for your hubby! Simple but very stunning!

Barbara said...

Cute! And very "manly"!

Shelley said...

Boy, you really did nail all the challenges! So that's how I should do them (4 at a time) to accomplish so much!

Those 10-15 minute challenges wear me out! I did VSN on SCS once and although it was fun, IT WAS CHALLENGING!

The camo idea is a great one. I'm sure he will think it's FABULOUS!

I have the Color Throwndown on my list. I hope I can get to it. It is a unique combo.

Anonymous said...

hi LeAnne, wow I woke this morning thinking of decorative scoring and lookee here! LOL! Love oyur card, and am feeling I HAVE to do these challenges now too! I participate in way too many, I need to stay away from new ones LOL!!! Have a great weekend.~Donna

Julia Aston said...

How fun and out of the box LeAnne! My son loves those colors do having been in the Army! the scoring is so simple and adds such punch to a card!

Juanita said...

I have not been stopping by very often. I love how you used the inspiration to branch out and make a super guy card. I think it is going to be so fitting for your camo loving DH {mine says his favorite color is chrome}