Thursday, January 7, 2010

Vintage Thanks

DSCF6402 I have to face it...I am obsessed with vintage images. Since I found the The Graphics Fairy (thanks, Barbara!) I am constantly being tempted by the lovely images she shares! This one is extra special because I love wild birds, too! Although I have never seen a Canada warbler...or any warbler, for that matter!

DSCF6401

I have a small collection of vintage postcards passed down by my maternal grandmother and paternal grandfather, but of course, I would never use one on a card, so this is the next best thing! Doesn't this look REAL?? After printing the digital image, I added a little more distressing and mounted it on some vintage paper from K&Co's Evergreen Mat Pad along with a panel of K&Co's Ancestry DP. I stamped some vintage images from the Bee set by Cornish Heritage farms, and a sentiment from SU. A couple buttons and a gingham bow was all it really needed to finish it off. This is a really BIG card! But I love it! I almost don't want to part with it, but I know I can print another one! Thanks for visiting with me today! I developed a nasty cold yesterday, so I am taking it easy today!!

21 comments:

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Oh WOW!! This is gorgeous! Absolutely beautiful!

Jean Franks Beck said...

*gasp* This is so gorgeous, LeAnne! Love all of the elements you've put together. Sorry to hear you're under the weather (guess it's that time of year). Hope you're feeling better soon.

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Me too! I love Barbara's goodies:) Gorgeous card...

Ann said...

Oh my, this is just lovely!

mudmaven said...

What a stunner! Totally gorgeous. Take care and I hope you feel better soon! ~chris

Anonymous said...

hi LeAnne, oh my this is just so beautiful...in my youth when I used to draw and color I loved doing chickadees and sparrows, this certainly would be right up my alley. Your card is gorgeous, I love how you captured the softness in the image wiht you colors

Sharon Wheet said...

I have a fond weakness for birds, too. I just LOVE how you used your bird image. Thanks so much for sharing. :)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Gorgeous design, LeAnne!

Pam Speidel said...

*GASP* You have blown me away with this one LeAnne! Love it!

Maggie said...

I've been a birder for many years. I'm absolutely passionate about feeding and identifying them. This card is amazingly beautiful. TFS! *wink and a smile*

Harriet Skelly said...

Gorgeous LeAnne! I sure hope you feel better soon!
Hugs, Harriet

Regina Mangum said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! What a lovely card. XO

Elaine M said...

Oh LeAnne - just beautiful!!

Barbara said...

Oh, MAN!!! This is gorgeous!!! I'm so glad you liking that graphics site :)

Carol L said...

Aw gees, this is SO pretty!!! I love how you put this whole card together! The bird picture is gorgeous, but the elements you added made it come to life! Beautiful work my friend!! Now snuggle up in a warm blanket and kick that cold back to the ozarks where it belongs! Feel better soon, ya hear?

Denise Marzec said...

Totally gorgeous image and I REALLY love it with that gingham ribbon. SUPER pretty card, girlie!

Renee said...

LeAnne this is beautiful! I love the bird to!

Corie said...

Your vintage card is gorgeous!!

Caryl P said...

Oh I just love all things vintage, and this is no exception LeAnne. Stunning! Hope you're on the mend soon, rest up!

Juanita said...

quickly, I like this.

Juanita said...

love it