Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Ruff Ruff Birthday

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  The Atlantic Hearts Sketch this week was a bit of a puzzler, but once I began working with it, it turned out pretty well!  Here's the sketch:


I needed a birthday card for my niece and she loves dogs, so I decided to make another wobbler card using the same image as I did on this card that I made a couple of weeks ago.  She's not a little girl, but who wouldn't love to get a wobbly little pup on your birthday card?  So here we go:


I used the colors of Granny Apple Green, Balmy Blue and Daffodil Delight from the Sunday Stamps challenge:

I stamped my little puppy in Stazon Black ink, then watercolored him in (don't look too closely, it wasn't too good of a watercolor job!), then used Balmy Blue and Daffodil Delight DSPs in the background.  The lower panel was embossed with the Dotty Hearts embossing folder.


The "ruff ruff" is from the retired Happy Tails set, embossed in white and diecut with a small stitched heart die from Give It A Whirl to match the Dotty Hearts embossing!


And finally, on the inside, a birthday sentiment from Perennial Birthday and some hearts from Country Bouquet!


And it's off in the mail it goes, wagging its way to the Windy City of Chicago!  Thanks for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Country Bouquet, Happy Tails (ret), Perennial Birthday (ret), Paper Pal Pets (Close to My Heart)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Balmy Blue, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Balmy Blue DSP, Daffodil Delight DSP
 Ink Stazon Black, Balmy Blue, Granny Apple Green, Daffodil Delight, Craft White
Accessories Dimensionals, Wobble Mechanism,White Embossing Powder, Enamel Dots from my stash
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Dotty Hearts EF (ret),  Heat Tool, Give it A Whirl Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies

13 comments:

Carol L said...

What a fun take on that sketch - this card is super cute and fun and I just love those colors together!

Wendy said...

So stinkin cute, LeAnne! I love the adorable doggy and the wonderful fun colors! And the added bonus of a wobbler! That is enough to make anyone smile! Hope the card has safe travels to Chicago!

Kampin' Karen said...

I'm glad you didn't really have a ruff time making this...it's so cute!! Your niece will love it, I'm sure. I know I would. Wobble cards are so much fun. Blessings to you, my friend.

I Card Everyone said...

If Chicago had the same storm as we did last night, it will definitely be sent 'air mail' LeAnne!

It will be well loved, my friend - love these colors and everything else about it, too- especially that dash-line paper! Even your water coloring is perfect for this playful pup!
=]

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

Ohh! That IS a challenging sketch. Hope to have time to play along this weekend. Your card is adorable! One all ages can appreciate!

Dena J said...

Adorable image and bright fresh colors. Love what you've created with the sketch! Thank you so much for sharing at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Lisa Elton said...

What a sweet way to send birthday wishes to your niece! Big or small, she'll love it, it's adorable!

Heather said...

Oh my gosh, LeAnne! This is perfectly adorable! Love that happy doggy, and a wobbler is the perfect touch for him, too, lol. Love this happy and bright card! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Bonnie said...

This little guy is perfect for any age, LeAnne! So cute!

dj said...

Adorable!! Thanks for playing along with our "Summer Days" color challenge over at Sunday Stamps. Your "ruff ruff ruff" card showcases our color combo perfectly!! -Deb Horst, DT #SSC313

Brandi said...

Love the colours and patterns you chose for this, super cute and I love that adorable puppy! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Stef Perry said...

LeAnn, this card could not be any sweeter! The dog is darling and the two "ruff, ruff" hearts and wobble element is sure to bring a smile to your niece - I know it did mine! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

Stef Perry said...

Ju as I hit the publish button, I realized I spelled your name wrong in my comment! So sorry friend! 🙄