Sunday, July 16, 2023

PP649 CAS Gingerbread Greetings

Happy Sunday, everyone!  It's time for a new Paper Players challenge!  Anne Marie is our hostess this week with a CAS challenge, and it's a fun one!  She wants to see something we can eat!

The Christmas Kickstart challenge this week happens to be gingerbread, so I decided to combine the two challenges and came up with this:


My Lawn Fawn gingerbread people were stamped on Cinnamon Cider cardstock, then colored with a Real Red blend.  The gingham piece was stamped in Real Red ink and I added a scalloped border of Shaded Spruce.  The sentiment was also stamped in Shaded Spruce:


I resisted the temptation to add any other embellishments since it is supposed to be clean-and-simple!  

I hope you'll find some inspiration at the Paper Players blog to create your own "foodie" CAS creation!  Can't wait to see what you come up with!  Thanks for visiting today--enjoy your day and be blessed!

I am the Lord, your saviour; I am the one who created you.  I am the Lord, the Creator of all things.  I alone stretch out the heavens; when I made the earth, no one helped me. Isaiah 44:24

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Simply Celebrate Winter (Lawn Fawn), Background Basics Gingham (Papertrey Ink)
Card stock & Papers     Thick Basic White, Shaded Spruce
 Ink Versafine Black, Real Red, Shaded Spruce
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched Be Mine Dies (ret), Simply Celebrate Winter Dies (Lawn Fawn)

15 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Nice CAS card. I don't think I have any food stamps at the moment. Maybe I'll find some Meyer lemons in a retired drawer! Have a blessed day.

Wendy said...

Gingerbread!!!!!!!!!!! What's not to love about this card! Such a fun challenge and I love how CAS it is! Great job, LeAnne! Love me some Gingerbread!!!

I Card Everyone said...

Ginger Snaps are my favorite little cookie - and yes, I do still dunk them in milk! ha!
Your little chorus line of ginger peeps is so cahUTE! It doesn't need a bit of bling, LeAnne - perfectly CAS just the way you made it!
=]

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

These sweet gingerbread people are adorable and definitely too cute to eat! Combined with the red gingham and festive green and all that white space, this card is Christmas CAS perfection LeAnne!

Dotty Jo said...

So, so cute! Love your little gingerbread crew. Thanks for joining Carol and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Lisa Elton said...

Aren't they a bunch of cutie patooties! Sweet CAS card, LeAnne!

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

Goodness, those gingerbread peeps are ADORABLE!!! Great card!!

Bonnie said...

Yummy gingerbread, LeAnne! Love those little bows on the girls!

Lorraine said...

So sweet!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I love your little gingerbread people all lined up in a row. They work beautifully with the scalloped border as the curves all complement each other. Such a fun card.
hugs
jaydee

Ann Schach said...

Oh, LeAnne! From the gingham background to the adorable ginger-people, I absolutely LOVE this card. It definitely brings out the smiles!

cm said...

CAS-loving heart captured by your sweet row of gingerbreads, tucked into the traditional red/green framing. Delightful and festive! Thank you for joining us at Christmas Kickstart!
~carol

Suzanne said...

LeAnne, I love a gingerbread man and your little guys are no exception. Your card has me looking forward to Christmas card making. You made a perfect CAS card. I love it, Suzy

Fran Wing said...

Hello, LeAnne! Those little gingerbread people are about the cutest I've seen! I'm wondering if I made a Christmas card, would it mitigate the triple-digit temps? Anyway, really nice CAS card.

Anne Marie Hile said...

LeAnne, I love that you made a Christmas card! That row of itty bitty gingerbread people is soooo cute! Thanks for rocking my challenge this week!