Wednesday, July 12, 2023

SUO330 Zany Square Birthday

Happy Wednesday, everyone!  Hope your week is going well so far!  I have a card that's a wee bit different; the challenge at SUO (Stampin Up Only) is "It's Hip to be Square"...they want to see a square on your card!


I am not quite sure why I decided to make the card base of my card black, unless I was thinking that I was going to use the black & white side of the Zoo Crew DSP, but I changed my mind about the patterns, but stayed with the black!  So here we go:


To create my card, I took a piece of Basic Black cardstock 8 1/2 x 4 1/4", folded it in half, then ran it through my Big Shot with the largest Radiating Stitches die; obviously, I left the folded edge intact so that just the sides were exposed to the die.  Although it was a double layer, the die still cut through pretty well...I only had to trim it with scissors in a tiny spot.  So my card wasn't quite square, but it left me with enough room to add a square mat and some of the fun figures from the Zoo Crew papers:


The matching ribbon fit perfectly in the little space above the figures, and I used a one-hole bow technique so the ribbon wouldn't slide around.  I stamped some confetti and a sentiment before adhering it to a Parakeet Party mat; then on the inside, added some more confetti and a sentiment from Charming Sentiments:


Embossing both front and back of the card made it a little wonky; it was an experiment and I may try it again with thicker cardstock!  But it will make a fun card for someone's birthday!

Thanks for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!




Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Zany Zoo, Charming Sentiments
Card stock & Papers     Basic Black, Basic White, Parakeet Party, Zoo Crew
 Ink Parakeet Party, Flirty Flamingo
Accessories Ribbon Duo Combo Pack, Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Radiating Stitches Dies, 1/8" Hole Punch (ret)

11 comments:

Tammy Fite said...

I love the black card base! Really makes the Lemon Lime Twist pop!! Your card is so very cute!! Love all your work! Thanks for joining us at SUOC!!!

Marlene said...

I like the black base on this cute card as it makes for a dramatic effect. Using the 3 figures the way you did made the card turn out to be both enjoyable to see and fun. Great job

I Card Everyone said...

Very cute - and fun with the black card base, LeAnne!
=]

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

Super cute, LeAnne! I need to sit down and fussy cut a bunch of these little critters. They are soooooo cute!! Love the bright colors on the black card base.

Wendy said...

Love this card, LeAnne! The black card base just makes the Lemon Lime Twist pop all the more! Such cute images and I love the card base embossed, too! Very fun! :)

Vickie said...

So love this LeAnne. Got that DP also and was thinking of fussy cutting the Critters…love them. You did a great job cutting. Hope I can do as well…

Bonnie said...

The black frame works great to draw the eye to these fun critters!

Lisa Elton said...

It will make a fun card for someone's birthday, it's cute!

annie said...

This is adorable. Love the dimension! It also looks like a scene from Animal Crossing! (video game)

Angel Shaver said...

Great card! I love the cute characters from the Zoo Crew patterned paper. The pink confetti on both the inside and outside of the card is perfect.

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

There is nothing I don't love about this card. Fantastic sketch and colors. Thank you for the inspiration and thank you so much for playing along with us at SUOChallenges.com and hope to see you back tomorrow for our new challenge!