Monday, July 10, 2023

Birthday Shells

 Happy Monday, peeps!  It's club day so I will make this quick!  My card is for two challenges:  the Just Us Girls challenge wants shells, and the Inspired By challenge is Sea Decor:


One of my favorite shell images is called Shell Plate 17 from 100 Proof Press; I combined it with a Cheesecloth stamp for my card today:


The shells were stamped in Baja Breeze on Mist cardstock from Close to My Heart and diecut with a Scalloped Contours die.  The cheesecloth was stamped in Crumb Cake and I added some "splashes" with a stamp from Nature's Prints, stamped in Craft White ink.  


I stamped a birthday sentiment from Lasting Joy and diecut it with a Nested Essentials die; beneath it I added a rope tied with a nautical-style knot:


The sentiment and shells on the inside are from an older Crafty Secrets set:


Thanks so much for dropping by today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!

Those who love your law have perfect security, and there is nothing that can make them fall.  
Psalm 119:165


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Nature's Prints, Lasting Joy, Shell Plate 17 (100 Proof Press), Cheesecloth (Cornish Heritage Farms), Seaside (Crafty Secrets)
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Mist (Close to My Heart)
 Ink Craft White, Pecan Pie, Baja Breeze (ret)
Accessories Twine (from my stash), Metallic Pearls (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Scalloped Contours Dies, Nested Essentials Dies

10 comments:

Carol L said...

This is such a soothing and calming birthday card with those soft colors and nautical stamps. I just love that cheesecloth background with the kraft and white splatters. Beautiful!

Kampin' Karen said...

LeAnne, this is sooooo creative! At first I thought you had dyed the cheesecloth in tea. I never would have considered stamping it. I'll have to give it a try. Did John tie the knot for you? I know for sure he tied the knot with you ;-) Have a blessed day and you ARE a blessing. Hugs!!

I Card Everyone said...

I love your shells, LeAnne - but OH MY gorgeousness! That cheesecloth really is a standout stamp. I may NEED it!
Did you have John tie that knot? It's so perfect for your card!
=]

Nancy said...

The cheesecloth background was a perfect backdrop to that very COOL seashell stamp! Then the awesome addition of the nautical rope. Wonderful card, LeAnne! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls for Word Week!

Bonnie said...

Such a great summer card with all these seashells, LeAnne! Love the background stamp and that knotted rope!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the shells, LOVE the cheesecloth and wowee look at that knot! Terrific card, LeAnne. So happy to spot it in the JUGs gallery!

Wendy said...

Love everything about this card, LeAnne! The shells are so cool and add the Cheesecloth background stamp and it just pulls it all together! Love the inside sentiment, too! Wonderful summertime card!!!

cm said...

Echoing the others: your seashells are beautiful, especially paired with the amazing cheesecloth background. Your knot really 'ties' things together wonderfully! Thank you for playing along at Just Us Girls!
~carol

Laurel said...

LeAnne this is a fabulous card! Loving the texture! Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By!

Carol said...

Talk about an authentic "beachy feel" card! I thought it was real netting! The rope is a cool touch too! LeAnne, you have inspired me in my beach card pursuits! So glad you joined us at Just Us Girls this week!