Wednesday, July 26, 2023

BYSH Christmas in July

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  The week is almost half over! I have a Christmas card today for a new-to-me challenge called Build Your Stash Holiday Cards!  Their theme is Christmas in July, and although I don't think you have to use their prompt as inspiration, I liked it so much, that I did!  Here's the prompt:


(And I believe there are prizes involved!)  I used the sketch from Try Stampin' On Tuesday:


And here we go:


I used some retired DSPs in Soft Succulent and Mint Macaron and the Cottage Wreath set, stamped in White Craft ink on Mint Macaron.  I sprinkled Heat & Stick powder on the white image, heated it up and then added some chunky glitter to make my wreath sparkle.  Some giant Specialty Glimmer paper "berries" and bow, and brown pearls completed my wreath.  I mounted on an embossed banner, then used the same set for the sentiment:


It's hard to see in a photograph, but it's quite sparkly in real life!  Everything went on a Very Vanilla card, and I stamped a sentiment from Hope & Peace on the inside:


Another for my Christmas card stash!  Thanks for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Cottage Wreath, Hope & Peace
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Mint Macaron (ret), Soft Succulent DSP (ret), Country Gingham DSP (ret), Specialty Glimmer Paper (ret)
 Ink Early Espresso, Craft White
Accessories Brown Pearls (unknown), Linen Thread, Dimensionals, Ice Stampin Glitter (ret), Heat & Stick Powder
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies, Country Wreath Dies, 1/4" Hole Punch, Heat Tool

15 comments:

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

I love these soft greens ... and that chunky glitter is to die for!! Cottage Wreath is set I regret not getting. If only there were unlimited funds and unlimited time to stamp. Beautiful card!

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Ohhh... I love how you used our linky party graphic for inspiration!! Beautiful card, LeAnne! Thanks for playing along with the Christmas in July 2023 {BYSHC} Linky Party1

I Card Everyone said...

So lovely, LeAnne! LOve the browns with these aquas!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

Very creative! Good luck in the challenges.

Wilma DeG said...

What a great card... I love the colors & the texture. Great sketch, too!

Lynn said...

I am so glad that you used some retired colors. The card is beautiful. I love your words, "and strive to glorify the Lord in all we do". I am a Christian also.

Vonmariedesign said...

Your card is so beautiful I love your blue wreath. Thank you for joining us for the BYSHC Christmas in July Linky Party.

Lisa Elton said...

I spot the sparkle and the pretty colors! Wonderful card, LeAnne!

Jacinda said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at BYSHC Christmas in July 2023 Linky Party.

Wendy said...

This is one beautiful card, LeAnne! I love the greens and sparkle on the wreath! Wonderful earthy colors and the embossing folder adds to that! Great sketch, too!

Becca Yahrling said...

I have this sketch earmarked to use; it's so pretty. And your card is so elegant!

corysnana said...

What a beautiful card, LeAnne! Gorgeously soft colors and pretty design. Thanks for adding your card to the {BYSHC} Christmas in July Linky Party!

Laurie Unger said...

Wonderful use of all that lovely DSP and the sketch. Thanks for playing over at TSOT.

Donna Scholz said...

LeAnne, what a beautiful holiday card you created using our TSOT sketch! That sparkly wreath is so pretty, and I love your use of non-traditional colors!! Thank you so much for sharing!!! -Donna

kramer_buffy said...

I can never make my heat and stick work! Love what you did with it!

Thanks so much for playing with us at TSOT (Try Stampin' On Tuesday!) this week!

-- Dalis (stamprgrl)
http://stamprgrl.wordpress.com