Friday, July 7, 2023

Monochromatic Christmas Stars & Stripes

Happy Friday, all!  I have a Christmas card to share this morning and it's for three challenges: the RetroRubber sketch, the CAS on Sunday challenge of designer paper, and the Jingle Belles challenge of stars and stripes!


I knew there were stars and stripes in the Classic Christmas DSP from a couple of years back, so I pulled out some scraps, and few dies and went to work:


I used a star die from the retired Mini Treat Bag dies to cut a strip of white glimmer paper, backed it with a piece of green glimmer paper, and used some of the stars to accent my starry DSP:


My sentiments are from an Altenew stamp set from several years ago called Festive Silhouettes, and I lined them up in my Stamparatus and stamped them in Shaded Spruce ink.  I adhered a leftover star for fun:


The inside sentiment is from CC Designs called Jolly Christmas and it's at least five years old!!  More stars, too!


Another card to add to my stash!  

A couple of days ago, an unusual (to me) bird landed on my patio!  (Sorry this photo is so blurry!)


I knew from my Merlin app that it was a Great-crested Flycatcher, and had seen them flying up in the trees in my neighbor's woods, but had never seen one this close!  The next day, I heard a tapping on the siding on the patio, and there it was again!


The angle of this photo makes it look very small, but really, it's at least as big as a mockingbird!  So fun to see a different species!  Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

No one lights a lamp and puts it under a bowl; instead it is put on the lampstand, where it gives light for everyone in the house.  In the same way your light must shine before people, so that they will see the good things you do and praise your Father in heaven.  Matthew 5:15-16

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Festive Silhouettes (Altenew), Jolly Christmas (CC Designs)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, White Glimmer (ret), Green Glimmer (ret), Class Christmas DSP (ret)
 Ink Shaded Spruce
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies (ret), Mini Treat Bag Dies (ret)

10 comments:

Heather said...

This is so perfect LeAnne - I just found a stash of this DSP in my retired bin the other day, lol. The sentiment is perfect, and I love the sparkly detail, too - yay for Christmas! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Kampin' Karen said...

Funny, I used "Love, joy and peace" on a Christmas card today but it was from Stampin' Up! What a pretty bird. Have a blessed weekend.

Beth Kochheiser said...

I love the card (of course!) but that BIRD!!!! I always show my husband your bird photos!
At our Arizona home we have a neighbor Road Runner...I'll try to get a photo but he really is
super quick...just like in the old cartoons!

Bonnie said...

This is my favorite green and you've found perfect stars and stripes! How fun to see a new and different bird on your patio. I've never seen one of these and would be very excited to spot him!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Beautiful monochromatic blue card and used of the blue patterned papers to bring in the stars and stripes at Jingle Belles. Please note that Double Trouble is pairing up with JB and we meet the same requirement Christmas card plus stars and/or stripes. Please join us at Double Trouble at https://doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com/2023/06/Challenge-142.html for additional chances at random draw prize. Hope to see you there.

I Card Everyone said...

I really love this green, LeAnne - and all your stars, stripes, and joyous greetings of the Season!
We hear your new friend quite often, but it seems odd to see one on the ground since they usually are up in the treetops. It's wonderful that you got to see one so close to you!
=]

SmilynStef said...

love the combination of papers ... so very glad you joined our Stars and/or Stripes for Christmas at Jingle Belles.

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty shade of green! Love the sparkly stars. This is a terrific card, LeAnne and a terrific bird sighting too!

lauren bergold said...

Oh my gosh, what a brilliant and fun way of using the stars and stripes.. and it's still CAS perfection! So happy you could join our Jingle Belles Stars & Stripes fun as we team up with the Double Trouble Challenge!

creative lady said...

Love your card. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.