Tuesday, July 4, 2023

52CCT23-25 Retro Christmas Ornaments

Happy 4th of July, everyone!  I have a decidedly un-patriotic-hued card today for you, it's a Christmas card featuring retro Christmas ornaments (at least they look retro to me) in retro colors!  And I used the sketch from 52 Christmas Card Throwdown:



And here we go:


I embossed my Basic White card base with a Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder, then stamped and diecut my ornaments using the retired Spruced Up Bundle from last year.  The large ornament was cut from Real Red glimmer paper; the smaller ornaments were stamped in Parakeet Party; all the ornament toppers were cut from Silver foil.  I added a Pink Pirouette snowflake, embellished with an Iridescent gem, and finally the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp was stamped in Pretty in Pink and diecut as well:


Truthfully, this card too way longer than it should have; for some reason, the idea in my head just wouldn't translate to the card!  But I put too much effort into it to toss it, so I persevered! I appreciate your visit today---enjoy your day and be blessed and have a safe 4th of July!

And I did want to share the one patriotic card that I got from my sweet friend Wendy....you can see all her wonderful creations on her blog HERE.  I love the dies she used, such a fun way to make a card that packs a punch!  Thanks, Wendy!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Spruced Up (ret), Christmas Blessings (Simon Says Stamp)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Red Glimmer, Pretty in Pink (ret), Classic Christmas DSP (ret), Silver Foil
 Ink Parakeet Party, Pretty in Pink (ret)
Accessories Dimensionals, Iridescent Gem (ret)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Spruced Up Outlines Dies (ret), Snowflake Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Seasonal Tag Dies (ret), Christmas Blessings Dies (Simon Says Stamp)

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Hi LeAnne, I too often feel frustration when I "toil" longer thank I should have to in order to get where I want to go with a card. But your perseverance paid off, your card is not only a fabulous take on the sketch, but has such variety in colors and shapes that go beautifully together. Thanks for sharing with us this week at 52 CCT. Smiles, Kathy

I Card Everyone said...

Well worth your efforts, LeAnne! That Sketch is a tough one!

I don't know why but all three of your posts waited until this morning to get to my inbox? hmmm maybe FollowIt had a holiday? Loved your sweet little Uncle Sam!
=]

Blažka said...

You have very bold card with happy colors. I really like your embossed back panel.

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful card! You used the sketch very nicely!Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange.

ElizStewart said...

Great win over at CCT... love your card!!