Thursday, July 6, 2023

FMS593 Fun Folds

Happy Thursday, everyone!  The FMS sketch this week is a fun one, especially since Karren has challenged us to make a "bridge" card....a type of fun fold.  She gives a link to some directions in her post, but I challenged myself to wing it!  So here's the sketch:

And here's my card, using the Queen Bee and Lasting Joy stamp sets:


I stamped the bee with Stazon ink on vellum, then colored the back side with a Crushed Curry marker:


I used a Crushed Curry card base with Inked Botanicals  DSP for my accent layers.  The sentiment on the inside panel is from Lasting Joy, stamped in Memento Black.

The measurements for my card are very simple!  I took a piece of cardstock 5 1/2" x 7"', and on the 7"side, from each end, score at 1"and 1 3/4".  Fold in the two sides so that it forms a sort of box shape, and that's it!  Here's a side view:


The horizontal piece I used is 3 1/2" across; you can make it as high as you like, and you can decorate it in whatever way you like!  When you fold this flat, it will still fit into a standard-sized envelope.  And the signature can be written on the back side!  

And I had so much fun making the bee one, I made another:


This one uses Flirty Flamingo cardstock and I realized I used Calypso Coral DSP....dang, I always get those two colors mixed up, LOL!  Circle Sayings provided all the images and sentiment!  I colored the cupcake with Blends, and added some Wink of Stella and a rhinestone "cherry"!  


I am also going to pop one of these in over at Krafty Chicks, where their theme this week is "Stamp Act"---stamp something!  Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!

First Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Queen Bee, Lasting Joy
Card stock & Papers     Crushed Curry, Basic White, Vellum, Inked Botanicals
 Ink Crushed Curry, Memento Black, Stazon Black
Accessories
Tools     Crushed Curry Marker

Second Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Circle Sayings
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Flirty Flamingo, Calypso Coral DSP
 Ink Memento Black, Flirty Flamingo
Accessories Iridescent Gem (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     2 3/8" Circle Punch, Blends, Wink of Stella

10 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

These are great LeAnne but I especially like how you created the bee.

Linda Callahan said...

Wow these are great! You winged it way better than me! My scrap pile was huge after!

I Card Everyone said...

With your plentiful supply of darling DSPs this bridge card design was meant for you, LeAnne! Both darling - I adore that bee, and there's that sweet little lined paper again!
Two darling cards!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I wouldn't swat that pretty bee if she were buzzing around me! I might even share that yummy little cupcake with her! Two terrific cards, LeAnne!

Jacquie Southas said...

These are amazing, LeAnne! Love the colors and paper choices and especially love that gorgeous vellum bee! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

Gahhhh!!! LOVE these, LeAnne!! Especially the bee card. You're making me want this set more and more!!

Kuddos to you for winging it. You'd never know you hadn't made a ton of these before. BEE-utiful!!!

Bonnie said...

Neat fold and perfect for your DSPs! Love that bee! She certainly looks like a queen!

Wendy said...

Both cards are so fun, LeAnne! WOW! Love that fun fold and may have to give that a try! Love both cards and the stamps you used. I wish Queen Bee's die set would have stuck around with the stamp set. Sometimes I just don't understand why they keep one thing and retire the other. The Bee set is fabulous! Also love the colors and papers you used on the birthday card! Fabulous job on both!

Melanie Hungerford said...

Love the look of coloring on vellum, perfect technique to show off the bee image, and a perfect fold for it too. Thanks for playing along with us at Krafty Chicks!

Jen Mitchell said...

I'm still trying to wing it! Love this card. The colors and bee theme are so beautiful!