Friday, July 14, 2023

PCC526 Happiest of Birthdays

Happy Friday, peeps! Ever since I saw the Nested Essentials dies, I wanted to make a cake with the ones with the rounded edges!  Although I think they would make an awesome wedding cake, on this card today I just chose to make a regular layered birthday cake:


I used the sketch from the Papercraft Crew:


I cut three of the cake layers in Basic White cardstock and added a candle from the Charming Sentiments dies.  To make it stand out a little bit, I added a "halo" of Vellum using a circular die from the Radiating Stitches dies:


The sentiment is also from Charming Sentiments, and I added some sequins from my stash for sparkle!  The big polka dots on this Real Red DSP really makes this card pop!  Thanks for visiting today--enjoy it and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Charming Sentiments
Card stock & Papers     Real Red, Basic White, Real Red DSP, Vellum, Crushed Curry
 Ink Real Red
Accessories Dimensionals, Sequins from my stash
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Radiating Stitches Dies, Nested Essentials Dies, Charming Sentiments Dies

7 comments:

Vickie said...

Adorable LeAnne….yes, the red polka dots really pop. Love the circle vellum behind the candle…Very creative!!

Wendy said...

This is so cool, LeAnne! Love how you used these dies to create a super pretty birthday card! Love the color, too!

I Card Everyone said...

It is a birthday card to celebrate, LeAnne! LOve your darling layered cake and this bright pop of red!
=]

Carol L said...

That cute cake along with those fun polka dots make for one fun birthday card! I love the fun little candle too :)

Lisa Elton said...

Polka dots and cake... count me in! SO cute!

Jen Mitchell said...

That's genius! Birthday cake, wedding cake, they are all delicious and those dies make a perfect one!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

OK so can I just say - this card is INSPIRED, what a great way to use those dies LeAnne! I so didn't see it but what a fabulous cake - I am sooo going to steal this idea, thank you!