Friday, July 28, 2023

FMS596 Dash Away All

Happy Friday, peeps!  I am on a Christmas card roll for some reason...I have totally skipped over fall, but I am sure I'll get to it soon, LOL!  The FMS sketch this week was really neat:

And surprisingly enough, the idea that I had for it worked out fairly well!  Here we go:


I can't believe that I used Starry Sky cardstock twice in one week!  But I wanted to make a sky for my Dash Away All diecut from Tim Holtz, and it seemed like a perfect color!  I first diecut the image from Basic Black cardstock, then cut a piece of Starry Sky to fit the top of my Basic White card.  I diecut just the top portion of the die from the bottom of the cardstock, then inlaid the two diecut pieces together and glued them to the white card:


Before adhering, I embossed the Starry Sky panel with the Softly Falling embossing folder, then colored each "star" with a Silver Zig Painty Pen. I also diecut a moon from the silver More Dazzle specialty paper.  And thank you to everyone who gave me some hints about embossing!  This attempt was a little better....still a couple of strays, but I used the Embossing Buddy more liberally, I inked my stamp FIRST with Versamark, then craft white ink, and I was a little more intentional about flicking away the strays with a tiny paintbrush before heating:


After heating, I diecut it with the Bitty Banners dies and popped it up with black mini dimensionals.  The inside was stamped wtih a fun sentiment from CC Designs:


I am also going to enter this at Peace on Earth Christmas; here's their sweet mood board:


Last week while coming back from my early-morning walk, I noticed a great horned owl sitting on a bench my neighbor has by his pond.  I almost fainted....I have wanted to see an owl in the daylight for a loooong time!  The video I got at that time wasn't very good, but yesterday, when I was driving home from an errand, I saw him again on another neighbor's mailbox!  I stopped my car, got out my phone, slowly backed up and was able to get several shots and this video...you have to watch to the very end to see what he did!


I am such a bird nerd!  Anyone else get excited about these things?  Thanks for visiting today--enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Christmas Words (Impression Obsession), Jolly Christmas (CC Designs)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Basic Black, Starry Sky, Silver More Dazzle Specialty
 Ink Versamark, White Craft, Starry Sky
Accessories Black Mini Dimensionals, White embossing Powder
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Softly Falling EF (ret), Dash Away All Dies (Tim Holtz), Zig Silver Painty Pen, Bitty Banners Dies (ret), Heat Tool

17 comments:

Wendy said...

Such a fun Christmas card, LeAnne! The colors are awesome and that Santa in his sleigh and the reindeer is just SO cool! Starry sky is such a pretty color and one that would make some beautiful holiday cards! They do not always need to be red & green. I'm so glad the embossing tips helped! OMGosh, that video is the most amazing! Can't believe that he stayed sitting there for you to video! That had to be the highlight of the day! SO COOL!!! Happy Friday and Happy Birthday! Hugs~

Carol L said...

I LOVE this fun card with the Santa silhouette flying into the night sky! That's a great moon too! Lucky you finding that large owl perched on the mailbox, how beautiful! I also wanted to wish you a happy birthday, I hope I've got the day right :) Happy Friday!

Kampin' Karen said...

I LOVE your card. What a wonderful job you did with the inlaid part and the moon. Glad you had better luck with embossing. For the beautiful owl, I watched all the way to the end but didn't see him do anything except turn his head back to look at the beautiful woman taking his picture!

mary said...

he winked at you!!! awesome. i love watching birds as well.

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

LeAnne! Another beauty!! I love the inlaid portion so much! What a fun die. Excellent embossing and taking the time to color each "snowflake" ...many people have no idea the lengths we go to for a gorgeous card!! The video of the owl is amazing!! The ending tells me he fancied you paying attention to him. hahaha! Have a great weekend!

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

Darn it! I forgot to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Sometimes, after I pop a birthday card in the mail, the birth date just leaves my mind. Oopsie!! Hope you have a fabulous day!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, LeAnne! I LOVE how you've used this die - MUST remember this for easy mailing! Your Starry Sky is the perfect Christmas Eve color especially by the light of your silvery moon!
LOOK AT THAT he winked at you! What a catch - two days in a row! I do get very excited about these things!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

Your card is beautiful! And, oh my! what a treat to see that Great Horned Owl! And he winked at you! That would have made my year! Love it!

Karen in Florida said...

VERY VERY cool video of the owl. He winked at you! Wildlife is so much fun to watch.
I also love your card...simple but elegant. Starry Sky is a perfect color for a nighttime sky. Thanks for sharing!

Karen in Florida said...

Oops! And a great big HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
Toasty huggs from Florida!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, this is cute and I love that you inlaided the die! Fantastic card, LeAnne and oh my stars what a FUN video... he's a flirt!!

Linda Callahan said...

I love this! It is gorgeous and I can’t believe you dotted all those snowflakes! Beautiful effect!

Bonnie said...

Love Santa in his sleigh that's perfect with this sketch, LeAnne! What a great catch of this owl! I love how he winked at you. I think he like being on film!

Darlene said...

Oh LeAnne ... what an awesome take on the sketch! LOVE this card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Jen Mitchell said...

I've got this die and it never occurred to me that it would be perfect for the sketch! But perfect it is! And I'm so impressed that you colored each star. I'd never have the patience for that!

Fran Wing said...

Fabulous, Le Anne!

Susan said...

Love that Santa die cut! Also love the layout with Santa placed between the snowy ground and the beautiful sky! Thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth!