Monday, July 31, 2023

AHSC536 Aloha Birthday

Happy Monday, everyone!  I hope & pray you had a restful weekend!  I have a fun beachy-themed birthday card for our niece and I am using the Atlantic Hearts Sketch for it!  Here's the sketch:


Tomorrow SU starts a sale on kits, and I thought it would be fun to use the Little Smile kit---unfortunately, I only found this kit currently available in French, so I guess I should have checked BEFORE I made it, but I am still going to show it because there are lots of other fun kits available on the website! I have a couple more that hopefully I can highlight throughout the week!  Anyway, here we go:


I used DSPs in Pool Party, Crumb Cake and Old Olive to make my 1 1/4" banners and layered them on a Basic White card base that was embossed with the Twisted Rope EF.  The circular element features a vellum piece from the kit that I sponged lightly with Pool Party ink, the palm tree and a couple of glimmer punchouts:


The sentiments inside and out are from Lasting Joy, and I added a couple of stamped starfish from the stamp set included in the kit as well:


And going along with my beachy/aloha theme, as promised, here is a birthday card from my friend Wendy....I just love this wave!



And finally (this will make you jealous!), some photos from Dana, Wayne & Cassidy's recent vacation to Punta Cana:




Thanks for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Lasting Joy, A Little Smile Kit (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Pool Party DSP, Crumb Cake DSP, Old Olive DSP (ret)
 Ink Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Old Olive
Accessories Mini Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies, Tailor Made Tags Dies, Blending Brush

10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

A fantastic beachy feel for your niece, LeAnne - darling dsps, fab embossing and LOve the sparkly bits!
Oh, I love the wave, too!
=]

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

So cute and summery! I love those die-cut sand dollars. They were in a Paper Pumpkin a year or two ago, too! I'm so jealous of Dana, Wayne, and Cassidy!!! Hope they're having a blast.

Wendy said...

Ohhhh, jealous...yes I am! Hope they had an amazing trip! Your card is looking alot like the scenery that the kids had on vacation! Love everything about it! I have always been a beachy girl so your card is pure bliss! Love the different mix of DSP and the embossed cardbase! Well done, LeAnne!

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful cards, LeAnne! Your niece is going to love her pretty birthday card. I love the sparkly starfish and sand dollar you added to it. Looks like Dana, Wayne and Cassidy had a great vacation!

Carol L said...

I'm loving the soft pastel look of this great tropical card and Wendy's card is more of the same beachy goodness too. I cannot get over how Cassidy has grown. It seems like she was just an itty bitty thing 2 days ago, but look at her now! That's a great family photo of a fun vacation too! TFS

Dena J said...

Really get the peaceful tropical feel in your card! Beautifully done, LeAnne.
Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week.

Lauren said...

I really love all the glittery touches on your card- such a great tropical feel! Thanks for joining us at AHSC this week.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this beachy card - the banners are so cool!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

I love your card with the palm trees and glittery shells! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week. Please join us again soon!
:) Marie
AHSC DT

Brandi said...

Absolutely love this, I love the patterned die cut in the white circle. The beach vibe is perfect! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca