Monday, July 17, 2023

FMS592 Santa's Hat

Happy Monday, peeps! Hope you had a good weekend! I am squeaking in my card by the skin of my teeth; it's for the FMS sketch as well as the Jingle Belles challenge of Santa's Hat!

I pulled out a retired SU Santa's Hat builder punch and went to work:


I punched the hat from red and white glimmer paper, then mounted it on a Stylish Shapes circle diecut and added a couple more circles of Real Red and Soft Succulent.  My horizontal piece was Evening Evergreen and the sentiment is from Impression Obsession.  Everything was mounted on a Tim Holtz Deer Knit embossed panel and I added some snowflake sequins for fun:


I found these inexpensive stamps at Goodwill a while back and they actually stamp pretty well!  I used this one for the inside:


Another card for my December stash!  Thanks for popping in today!

Our church softball league won their championship yesterday....they played from 9am to 8pm, and won all six games.  It was a looooong day!  Dana was the scorekeeper!  You can see her on the left...and well, she's the only girl, LOL!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Christmas Words (Impression Obsession), Christmas Sentiments (unknown)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Real Red, Soft Succulent (ret), Evening Evergreen (ret), Red Glimmer, White Glimmer
 Ink Evening Evergreen (ret), Real Red
Accessories Dimensionals, Snowflake Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies, Word Window Punch (ret), Santa Hat Builder Punch (ret), Deer Knit Embossing Folder (Tim Holtz)

11 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

This is such a great Christmas card, LeAnne. I love the glitter but yet the CAS. Congrats to your team win! That's an accomplishment for all games.

Wendy said...

What a cute Christmas card, LeAnne! Love that sweet Santa Hat and that beautifully embossed background layer! I have slacked on making Christmas cards this year and I have even been inspired by watching Hallmark Channels Christmas in July 24/7. Glad to know I am not the only one who finds Stampin Up! stamps at Goodwill! I'm always on the hunt for them there! LOL Congrats to the softball team on their championship!! WooHoo! It was a a HOT day for that!

Kim S said...

I love all of your Christmas elements - the sparkly Santa hat, the sparkly snowflakes and the embossed background all work together perfectly! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshy Made Sketches.

I Card Everyone said...

oh, Oh, OH that's a cute Christmas card!
Hopefully making it cooled you off after that long day in the sun - congratulations!
=]

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

Love this CAS Christmas card!! I may be caseing this in the very near future!!

Vicky Hayes said...

A fabulous card LeAnne, with that beautiful embossed background and the little icons in the circles! How fun to have a church softball league! Maybe I should stir our lot up! Vicky x

PS Thanks for your congratulations on my daughter's wedding :)

Bonnie said...

Such a cut and sparkly Santa hat! Perfect for this arrangement of circles!

Lisa Elton said...

Love your sparkly little Santa hat, this is cute! Congrats to the team!

Lorraine said...

Great card and congratulations to the team!

SmilynStef said...

great take on the sketch ... love the embossed background ... so very glad you joined our Santa Hat prompt at Jingle Belles.

lauren bergold said...

What a wonderful card... I love the textured background with the santa hat and embellies! So happy you could join our Santa Hat fun at Jingle Belles!