Saturday, July 22, 2023

52CCCTD28 Fussy Cut Vintage Christmas Deer

Hello everyone!  I was thrilled to be chosen as a 52 Christmas Card Throwdown winner recently, so I am guesting this week for their current challenge!  This week we're concentrating on fussy-cutting, where you cut out an image rather than use a die!  Here's the prompt:


I had several ideas for this challenge but in the end, I decided to use a little retro deer image because I found some retro deer papers that I thought would be fun to use!  So here we go:


These cute retro papers were some I got last year in a Simon Says Stamp kit.  I have no idea the name of the papers, though, sorry!  Anyway, the deer reminded me of a little deer stamp I got years ago from Artistic Outpost, so I stamped the image three times: once in Soft Sea Foam (for the trees), once in Pebbled Path (for the shadows), and once in Pecan Pie (for the deer).  After coloring in the deer with some ink and an aquapainter, and adding the spots with a white gel pen, I fussy-cut everything out and adhered the elements to the Pebbled Path image, which I had diecut with a Stylish Shapes die.  Before adhering, I did use a blending brush to add some Soft Sky to the background:


I added a glimmer paper scallop piece behind it, which is prettier in real life than shows here, and an Impression Obsession sentiment at the bottom:


For the corner embellishments, I added some subtle sequins so as not to detract too much from the central image.


Everything was mounted on a Pistachio Pudding card base, and I stamped this retro sentiment from Flonzcraft in Mint Macaron ink:


I love how this turned out, even though it took a little extra time for the fussy-cutting, it was still a fun card to create!  I hope you'll get out your sharp scissors and do a little fussy-cutting for the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown challenge!  Share it over at the blog, so we all can enjoy it!  Thanks for visiting today--enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Frosty & Friends (Artistic Outpost), Christmas Sentiments (Flonzcraft), Christmas Words (Impression Obsession)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Pistachio Pudding (ret), Glimmer Specialty Paper (ret), Vintage Deer DSP (unknown)
 Ink Pebbled Path, Pecan Pie, Soft Sea Foam, Soft Sky (ret)
Accessories Sequins from my Stash, Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies, Layering Circles Dies (ret), Bitty Banner Dies (ret), Aquapainter, White Gel Pen (Posca), Wink of Stella, Real Red Marker

13 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Congrats on your GD gig! Your deer is so dear ;-) There is something very nostalgic about these deer...reminds me of Gene Autry. You might not be old enough to remember him but I had one of his records that I played over and over as a child. If you know him, I bet you can guess what was on each side of the record. Have a blessed day, my friend.

Carol L said...

How cute is this fun little card?! I love the background paper that perfectly coordinates with your fussy-cut little deer! Great job on the cutting too :)

Bonnie said...

This little deer is adorable and a perfect match for your retro paper! What a sweet Christmas card! Congratulations on your win and GD spot!

I Card Everyone said...

Vintage style is your JAM, LeAnne! You find the most darling vintage images and this paper was made for you. Love your sweet little deer and the way you've colored him and his surroundings.. just precious!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

I love the this retro deer and the paper. Nice job fussy cutting and congratulations on being a guest designer!

Lisa Elton said...

That little deer is as sweet as it can be! This is a wonderful card, LeAnne!

Kathy said...

Leanne, Thanks for being guest designer at 52 CCT this week, I just love this "vintage vibe" card...What a great job with your fussy cutting. I just love it! Smiles, Kathy DT

Wendy said...

This is so adorable, LeAnne, and right up your alley! I love how vintage this looks and that little deer is just the sweetest! I would have not known you fussy cut the focal image if I had not read it! Great card and another one to add to your pile of Christmas cards. Congrats on GD gig, too!

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

Woohoo!! Congrats on the win and the GD spot! So exciting!! This card is soooo you! I love that sweet vintage deer. Just adorable, and great fussy cutting!

Linda Callahan said...

This is adorable - love the retro deer!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Congrats on the DT spot - that sweet deer is adorable! I do love me some fussy cutting - I might have to try and play along this week!

Fabiola said...

oh LeAnne, que c'est adorable, merci d'ĂȘtre notre guest designer cette semaine, biz

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful Christmas card, thanks for playing at 52CCT challenge