Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Variations on a Theme

DSCF7323

DSCF7324

Two challenges, two cards, same color theme, different looks!  The first challenge is over at Paper Craft Planet; my bloggin/stampin’ buddy Tammy is sponsoring a 3D challenge….to make one of those paper flowers that are so popular right now!  You can see all the details right here.  I had a poofy flower already made, courtesy of another stampin’ buddy, Shawn, so I just made a CAS card on which to put it:

DSCF7320

The background is SU’s A to Z, overstamped with the Very Vogue wheel; sentiment is from the hostess set, Of The Earth, and the Ruby Red DP is from a hostess pack.  Now I am going backwards here, because actually the FIRST card I made (which is why I had the hostess set and hostess paper out) was this card, which is for a challenge at The Shabby Tearoom (don’t you love that name!) which was to use stitching on your card:

DSCF7321

Now this is supposed to be a spring challenge---I guess these colors are not really springy, but they fit the mood of the gray day we are having, plus I wanted a sample of a card made with the Square Scallop Die Cut.  There is lots of stitching goin’ on here, even on the inside:

DSCF7322

The little sparrow was stamped in Versamark, then daubed with a blend of Close to Cocoa and Ruby Red pastel chalks….I still had them on my desk from my SB page!  (But I finally cleaned everything up!!)

Hope you enjoy the rest of your day and thanks for visiting!

10 comments:

Debbie said...

So absolutely pretty! Great stitching and shabby elements! Thanks for joining us this week at THE SHABBY TEA ROOM! I look forward to seeing your creation for next week's all new challenge :)

1CardCreator said...

Great cards, I love the poofy flower and you were so creative to add the stitching to the inside of the card. Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

Audrey Pettit said...

Very cute cards. I always love to see multiple projects made with some of the same starting blocks to see how different they can be. Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR.

Linda said...

Wonderful cards. I love the colors and all the stitching! I still haven't tried that. I love that name too. The Shabby Tea Room great name.

Nicole said...

Great card! Love the color combo. Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room!

Juanita said...

Just lovely. They are both so different, which is amazing when you see that they have the same ingredients.

Anonymous said...

so pretty! I made a few today but man they made my hands hurt! LOL! Have a great one!

Broni said...

These are wonderful!!! I really love them both!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

LOVE your poofy flower card! Thanks for playing with me! And that second card is FABULOUS! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the stitching!!!

Corie said...

Love both of these -- especially your flower :o)!!