Sunday, March 28, 2010

FS164 Christmas Card

DSCF7356-1

 

 

 

Today’s SCS Featured Stamper Challenge#164 is Brandi, and since I am on track for making a Christmas card a week, I thought I would CASE this card and make her CAS card into a CAS Christmas card:

 

 

DSCF7358

I kept it CAS, used a tree image, and pleated my ribbon, but changed the stamp & sentiment and used DP for my panel instead of a stamped image, plus I added a little tiny bling at the top of the tree.  All DPs are from some vintagey Christmas papers from My Mind’s Eye, including the circular punch-out panel.  The tree image is SU’s Patterned Pines, also stamped on some MME paper.  My last little bit of RHR ribbon was pleated on the panel and the sentiment is from Short & Sweet; both the tree & sentiment were stamped in Garden Green.  I also had a personal challenge:  since I was making meat balls and they had to cook for 20 minutes, I wanted to make my card in that time frame.  Luckily they weren’t quite done, so I got an extra 10 minutes to finish up!!  (The pleating did me in!) 

Thanks for visiting today—this was a fun challenge, and one I don’t do often enough!

DSCF7361

7 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous card, LeAnne! LOVE how you did the ribbon!

Lisa Kind said...

This is lovely! I love the ribbon treatment! I've got to try that ruffling technique!

Linda said...

This is gorgeous.
LeAnne I know I asked before what CASE is but I forget. I am old!:( Is there a place to go that I can find what all these things mean?
I promise I will make a file for all of this so I don't keep asking.

Lynn Put said...

This is wonderful! I love the way the single tree from the set is highlighted by the circle!

Corie said...

Great holiday card -- love your ribbon treatment!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

This one is awesome, LeAnne! I love the "country" feel of the colors, and that ribbon looks fabulous!

mudmaven said...

Love that ribbon treatment! ~chris