Thursday, March 11, 2010

Hostess Card

DSCF7043

I love sending cards to my new hostesses, and I like to use hostess sets they can earn! This little cutie uses The More The Merrier along with some cute Sweet Pea DP and a homemade button:

DSCF7044

Only in stamp-land you can have orange birds and teal hearts! My little heart was made by punching two tiny buttonholes (I used a SU 1/16” punch) in a scrap piece of Pumpkin Pie cardstock, then centering the small heart punch over the holes and punching it out. Punch two more hearts (no holes) and glue all three hearts together with the holey one on top. After they dry, punch holes again, using the original holes as a template. Coat it with Crystal Effects and let it dry overnight—tada, a button! Here it is, close-up:

DSCF7041

These aren’t new, there are tutorials on SCS for them---try it out, they’re so fun! Thanks for visiting today!

11 comments:

Linda said...

Oh my this is so cute and that button, Wow. I did see that idea but I don't think they used a heart. I have the SU punch with the three flowers. They would make cute buttons too. I know what I will be making this weekend. Thanks for the great idea!

Tammy Hershberger said...

LOVE these colors together, LeAnne! Those birdies are adorable, too! Great coloring and shading on them!

Kim said...

Such a cheerful card! These colors rock!

Deb said...

wow,not only a great card but a fantastic "button" as well!! Thanks for sharing the idea. :-)

I love the colours on this card, very vibrant.

Barbara said...

Adorable, LeAnne!! Love your orange birds and blue hearts!

Jetstudio Designs said...

Great card, I love the layout and birds :)

Lesley said...

Love your card LeAnne! That button is darling! Your hostess will love it I am sure and she will be so inspired to earn this stamp set!

Smiles,
Lesley

Lauren said...

This is adorable. The color combination is fabulous!

Juanita said...

Love the handmade button, great heart shape.
I love the color combo you have here. It is whimsical and fun.

mudmaven said...

Toooooooo cute! You're gonna love the new mini! ~chris

Corie said...

This is adorable -- I know I have said this before, but you really make orange pretty