Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Color Throwdown #84

DSCF7223 

Happy Wednesday and welcome back to another CTD challenge!  Today, Broni is our hostess and here are her colors:

swatch 84

Aren’t these colors gorgeous?  Be sure to check out the CTD blog to find out all the details about playing, entering and winning!  So on to my card:

DSCF7224

As soon as I saw these colors, the BG Marrakesh DP popped into my mind!  I also wanted to play with the Clean & Simple sketch #82  shown here:

FTL82

My stamps are from Verve, stamped in black and colored with a blender pen and reinkers.  I added some twill and some embossed butterflies from SU’s Beautiful Wings embosslit…sooo pretty!  And since this card is a thank-you for one of my friends who served during Dana’s reception, I added this to the inside:

DSCF7227

These are from a lovely set by There She Goes, stamped in Taken with Teal and Soft Sky. 

Now be sure to check out what the other CTD designers have created today:

15 comments:

Kim Evans said...

oooh, I love this combo!! I'm not at home to play now, but can't wait to see what everyone does with this one. Good choice!!!
Kim

Kim Evans said...

oooh, I love this combo!! I'm not at home to play now, but can't wait to see what everyone does with this one. Good choice!!!
Kim

Michelle-Jersey Girl said...

Super pretty! I'm totally doing the CTD challenge this week! The colors don't scare me. :)

Barbara said...

This is just beautiful, LeAnne!!! Love that sketch and those flowers on the DP are perfect!!! Gorgeous card!

dpkennedy said...

Fantastic card! I love the pp you used for a bg and placed the flowers right on it! Love this sketch! Really beautiful LeAnne!balit

MelissaS said...

great card! I love that BG paper, and the way you stamped the flower stems right onto it.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a fabulous card. Love that background paper and all the happy little flowers.

Broni said...

This is beautiful, LeAnne! I love your flowers on the patterned background and those big scallops, and the white base really makes everything pop!

Marlene (cards4u) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marlene (cards4u) said...

Had an oops in the post before! This is beautiful! Love your design and your use of color! I'm sure it will be appreciated!

Tammy Hershberger said...

SO pretty, LeAnne! I LOVE those big scallops across the bottom and the sweet little butterflies!

Kristin Eberline said...

LeAnne, your card is gorgeous inside and out! I love how you layered and "popped" your flowers on that gorgeous patterned paper. Love your take on the CAS sketch also!! You inspired me to play along with the sketch...I have an idea anyway. Hopefully I can play along tomorrow ;]

Pat S. said...

Just had to leave you a note. Marrakesh is one of my favorite DP. I really like how you popped the Verve flowers, and kept the background mat true to the sketch. Very striking!

Juanita said...

I love the card you created here. You are so lucky to always have the best Basic Grey papers in your stash.

Pam Speidel said...

This is STUNNING LeAnne! Love your design and the dp is perfect too! You make it look so easy! :)