Monday, March 8, 2010

Teapot Thank You

DSCF7023

I need soooo many thank you cards right now, but since I have another special event coming this weekend, my time has been limited.  I had this sweet digi image already printed from the Graphics Fairy and when I saw today’s CAS challenge at SCS, I knew I could put it to good use!  The CAS57 challenge is to layer two shapes while still trying to keep your card clean and simple!  So here we go:

DSCF7021

This card will go to Patty, the proprietor of the Tea Kettle Inn, a B&B I went to a couple weekends ago.  Appropriate, don’t you think?  I used a few Copics to shade it in, then stamped the Labels Four diecut with a retired French Script BG stamp in Creamy Caramel.  I sponged the entire piece with More Mustard and aged it with Close to Cocoa.  The sentiment is from PTI’s Vintage Picnic Basket set.  The DP is from K&Co.  Thanks for visiting today!

DSCF7022

12 comments:

Michelle-Jersey Girl said...

Yes it is very fitting and beautiful. Very antique looking and I love antiques.

Barbara said...

Very appropriate! And how thoughtful--she'll love it!

Kim said...

Thanks so much for the heads up on that graphics site, LeAnne! That's one awesome find!

Lovely card! That teapot image is grand. ;)

Elise said...

Ummmmm, LeAnne! This style is exquisite and TRULY suits you! Gorgeous images, color and composition! Yipeee!

Bev J. said...

Wonderful-like the stamping behind the teapot.

Anonymous said...

this is so pretty LeAnne I love tea parties!!!

Juanita said...

That is too perfect.
You are so amazing to me, that in a time of sadness for your family, you are still sending love and cheer out to others. You are a blessing and an inspiration.

Linda said...

This is beautiful! Is the tea pot cut out or did you use the background stamp right over it(masked it)? From a big tea lover this is perfect.

Elaine M said...

uuuuuuuu LOVE the French script behind the little tea pot! Great card - perfect colors!

Stacey Schafer said...

so pretty, LeAnne! love the vintage look:)

Tammy Hershberger said...

That's a beautiful image! Perfect for the recipient! :)

Corie said...

WOW this is gorgeous -- love the vintage feel!!