Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Color Throwdown #83

DSCF7036

Watch out!  Tammy is our CTD hostess this week and she always has some awesome colors up her sleeve!  Today is no exception!  She’s challenged us with the bold, beautiful colors of Melon Mambo, Marigold Morning, Wild Wasabi and Bermuda Bay! 

swatch 83

There is a sponsor at the CTD blog this week, so make sure you hop on over there to check out what’s going on!  Meanwhile, this is what I came up with:

DSCF7035 

If you were asleep before, you should be awake now!  This is one bright card, but I had fun making it!  All the sentiments and images are from Kitchen Sink Stamps; these images can be challenging to line up, but the final effect is worth the extra time----very realistic!  I wish you could see the glitter on these flowers—that makes them even more fun!  The word “spring” was stamped in Palette Noir and colored with a blender pen and inks.  Since I did not have any Marigold Morning ribbon, I substituted this year’s In Color, Crushed Curry---a pretty good match!

Now check out what the other CTD designers have come up with:

21 comments:

Lesley said...

Love it LeAnne!! It is so pretty and fresh!!!

Looking forward to being able to play this week!

Lesley ;)

Carol L said...

I just love the colorful, spring-like feeling I get while looking at this card! It's just peachy! :)

Linda said...

Very cheery! I love the sketch you used. Looking out my window right now it is foggy, rainy, dirty white snow and dark. Your card is just what I need to get started for the long day ahead.

Denise Marzec said...

Ahhhhhhh, such happy colors! LOVELY card!

Barbara said...

Love this!!! Denise is right--this is a happy card!!!

dpkennedy said...

Oh, your card it so pretty! Love the decorative edges!

Dori Shelton said...

Oh my word!! This is soooo pretty!! Makes me smile and think of spring. Thanks for sharing

Janine said...

Great colors LeAnne!! Spring has sprung with this card! Hope you are well!!

Elise said...

You're just over here having a wonderful spring festival, ain't 'cha! I love it! This card really sends out hope for the spring deprived - delightful inspiration, friend; I'm filled with hope of sunnier, more sugar-filled days ahead!

Deb said...

This card just pops, I love it!!! Great colours, it really makes me anxious for spring!

Broni said...

Beautifully bright and happy! I love it!

Kristin Eberline said...

Mmm...these flowers are gorgeous!! Love your vibrant card and how you colored the sentiment :) Also adore that double layered border...so pretty, LeAnne!! Oh, and YES, I was soooo happy we learned how to use these at Stampin Around Philly...made it MUCH easier this time around :]

Anonymous said...

ooolalalalalala this is gorgeous...the colors scream spring!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! Your daisies look amazing, and the way you used the letters with the colors is awesome! Fabulous design!

Deb Neerman said...

Love this beautiful card, LeAnne!

Kim said...

So fresh! Love the whole look, and the Spring letters really pop!

Stacey Schafer said...

darling, LeAnne!

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card!! I love your daisies and love how you stamped the letters in black - I never do that! :) Great card!

Renee said...

Very cute and such pretty colors!

Juanita said...

Those could be hard colors to work with, but you have created an amazing card. The best way I can think to describe it is...Joyous.

Corie said...

So fabulous