Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Color Throwdown #86

 DSCF7375

It’s Wednesday, and that means another edition of the CTD!  This week Barbara has chosen an interesting color combo….very earthy! 

swatch 86

Once I saw these shades of Yoyo Yellow, Garden Green and Soft Suede, my thoughts immediately went to a retired SU set that I love to watercolor, and I went to work! 

DSCF7372

I stamped the image on Naturals Ivory cardstock and watercolored it with Garden Green and Crushed Curry, as I thought the Yoyo Yellow would be a little too bright.  I did add a little bit of Frost White shimmer paint to the flower, just to add a little subtle shine.  I stamped some of the other floral images on my Soft Suede and Garden Green DPs.  Label 4 Nesties were used for the main panels, along with a “distressed” sentiment from Three Little Words.  The sketch is from Karen’s Sweet Sunday Sketch #62:

SSSC62

I really thought these colors were soft, subtle and soothing enough to make a sympathy card, so I added this sentiment and image to the inside:

DSCF7374

So now let’s see what you can come up with these colors!  Check out all the details on the CTD blog and play along with us.  Here are links to the other designers for even more inspiration:

Broni * Tammy * Barbara * Danielle * Kristin * and Pam, our guest stamper this month!

12 comments:

Lesley said...

Love this LeAnne...very pretty and you are right...earthy! I got to play too this week! Yeah!

Smiles,
Lesley :)

Denise Marzec said...

SUCH a pretty card, LeAnne! I love those stamps!!

Bev J. said...

Really like how you stamped the sentiment over the fern-neat idea. tfs

Kim said...

Very pretty card LeAnne!

mudmaven said...

Absolutely gorgeous LeAnne! Love the stamping on the dp. ~chris

Barbara said...

Just lovely, LeAnne! That stamp is just perfect with this layout and those papers.

Kelley Eubanks said...

Very pretty LeAnne! I just bought those Labels 4 nesties yesterday and played with them last night... love them!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Very pretty LeAnne! You did a wonderful job with Karen's sketch! This is such a great mix of colors too! Beautifully done! :D

Deb Neerman said...

This is so beautiful, LeAnne! That color combination is so pretty and I love the sketch you followed ... love the shimmer on the flowers, too!!

Broni said...

So beautiful, LeAnne!! I've always loved that set! I love how you've colored the flower, and the stamped flower on the background dp is beautiful too!

Juanita said...

Wow, you have done it again. You really made these colors work and the end result is a gorgeous creation.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! I love the shimmer on the flower mixed with the distressing around the center image and the tag, and LOVE the flowers stamped on the designer paper background! Great design elements!