Monday, March 1, 2010

Say Happy Birthday

It’s a special someone’s birthday today!!  My dear friend TAMMY!  Go check out her blog, Stamp Happy, and wish her HB!  I am sure she already received the card I sent her, so I am going to show it to you now!

Tammy's Card

I just love this card, even though I know IRL there are probably NOT violets in this color!  But I needed some fresh springy colors to play with, so this was my choice!  The Flourishes image was stamped on Shimmery White paper and watercolored with an aquapainter and reinkers.  The background was embossed with a CB folder and I only added a ribbon & dew drops as my embellishments since the image is large.  Here’s the inside, using a PTI sentiment:

DSCF6927

Have a GREAT birthday, Tammy!

14 comments:

Susan Raihala said...

If there aren't yellow violets in nature, there should be, LOL! These are so very pretty, and as always your coloring is perfect. WOW!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card.

katou said...

Those yellow "violettes" are gorgeous as well as your card.
Great job.
Katou

Juanita said...

Your flowers are simply beautiful and I love that you chose to use in your card.
This is a fabulous card to wish a friend a happy birthday.

Juanita said...

Your flowers are simply beautiful and I love that you chose to use in your card.
This is a fabulous card to wish a friend a happy birthday.

Deb Neerman said...

Omigosh, just gorgeous, LeAnne! And so beautifully colored ... you my coloring-idol, you are!

I've seen wild violets this color growing up in New England: we called 'em "Johnny Jump-Ups" and they were everywhere! Still one of my favorite l'il flowers ... you've done 'em proud, Sweetie!!

Renee said...

Another beauty LeAnne! Where do you get all your inspiration???

Bev J. said...

Beautiful image and I like the colors you used.

Sylvia said...

What a brautiful birthday card you've done!

Stacey Schafer said...

LOVE this, LeAnne! Your coloring is so gorgeous:)

Denise Marzec said...

I'm with Susan...there SHOULD be yellow violets. Gorgeous card, LeAnne!

Beth said...

This is gorgeous LeAnne!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is gorgeous LeAnne! Your watercoloring is amazing! What a beautiful image! :D

Tammy Hershberger said...

OK, so I'm 8 days late getting here... THANK YOU so much for the beautiful card, and wonderful wishes, LeAnne! This card is even more beautiful in real life (even with the missing dew drop that the postman ate or something!) and I LOVE it! Thanks for being such a sweet, sweet friend!