Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I Don’t Scrapbook…

DSCF7312

although I wish I did!   No reasons why, I just don’t have the patience I guess.  But a little 6x6 layout usually doesn’t take too long and since I have a workshop tonight with some scrappers, and my DD recently got married, I thought I could do at least one page!!

DSCF7310

I love this picture of Dana & Charlie; I tinted it sepia and mounted it on a piece of Close to Cocoa that I had wheeled with the Very Vintage wheel (at an angle).  I used the Poppin’ Pastels technique for the flourish from Friends 24-7, using Chocolate Chip chalk.  The “three little words” sentiment is embossed in Chocolate Chip Craft ink and clear EP; the “i love you” is stamped in Chocolate Chip and I did the same Poppin Pastels technique on the circle, but barely touched it with the chalk.  I don’t have any journaling on this one right now…..maybe I’ll add the date at the bottom below the photo.  Thanks for visiting today!

DSCF7311

16 comments:

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

I'm with you on the "I don't scrapbook..." ...I'll stick to cards. Less pressure, less space!! This is a fabulous pic of Dana and Charlie! They look so happy!! You did a fabulous job on this layout ....as well as any layout I've seen you create. ;o)

Barbara said...

Just perfect, LeAnne! It will be cherished.

Sabriena Satchwell said...

I think your layout looks amazing. You did a fantastic job.

mudmaven said...

For someone who doesn't scrapbook, you sure did a fantastic job on this page. How beautiful! ~chris

Olivia M. said...

I think this is a beautiful page which could easily be adapted to a larger size. I love it all! Great job!

Beth said...

This is beautiful LeAnne - for a non- scrapbooker you have done an amazing job on this page! The Sepia tone looks wonderful - this is such a great photo of the bride and groom!

Michele K. said...

I DO scrapbook... I absolutely love this layout. What a darling couple! I wish them the best. :)

Bev J. said...

Beautiful page-love it all.

I am not a bigtime scrapper-made my youngest daughter,who is 39, a memory book since she didn't have a baby book. I started with her greatgrandparents and went through her school/college years to some of the classes she teaches now.

My oldest daughter had a baby book but I am still going to make her a memory book and I need to get started-maybe after I get taxes done! Oh, and my youngest one loved her book and has since brought some more pics for more pages! Takes alot of time and I would rather make cards.

Jean Franks Beck said...

This is so beautiful, LeAnne.... c'mon, I think you could do a little old teensy 6x6 album :) It's just a bunch of cards, really, and you're already part-way done! And when you are done, you'll be a scrapbooker! :D Gorgeous photo, too, BTW.

Susan Raihala said...

You really ought to scrap more...as should I, LOL!

This page is beautiful, as is your daughter.

Linda said...

This is wonderful. I like to scrapbook but I am not always sure were to start and were to end the book. This looks like a great first page. Go for it!

Pam Speidel said...

Three little words: YES YOU DO! :)
This is proof you DO scrapbook! Beautiful photo and layout! Their love shines through! :)

Juanita said...

This turned out great!
i don;t scrapbook either, but this makes me wish I did.

Kim Evans said...

This is so perfect :-)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful! And that is a really precious photo! A good one to be scrapped!

Corie said...

This is absolutely beautiful!!