Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Mercy & Color Challenges

DSCF7237

You will all be sick of me—three posts in one day!!  I haven’t played the SCS color challenge for a while, so I decided to combine it with Mercy’s sketch for this week:

MTSC65

I combined Fresh Cuts and Vintage Vogue for this busier-than-usual card using Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive & Orchid Opulence:

DSCF7241

I used a couple techniques for this card; first, the Fresh Cuts image was embossed with clear EP, but since I don’t have any Rich Razzleberry CRAFT ink, I inked my stamp in Versamark first, then inked right over top with the RR ink.  Once the image was stamped on the paper, I covered it with clear EP, brushed off the excess and heated with my heat tool!  Then I used the Emboss Resist technique, coloring the flowers and leaves with a more intense watercolor, and flooding the background with a lighter watercolor.  I colored the word “friends” with a marker and punched it with a small oval punch and embellished it with a flower & leaf.  My final touch was a couple of Little Leaves cut with the Big Shot, stamped with the Fresh Cuts words and tucked behind the “F”.  This is going to a special person who won some blog candy!  I hope she enjoys it.   If you have any questions about any of these products, let me know!!

10 comments:

Penny said...

Simply stunning LeAnne!!

kareN stampZ said...

I agree - stunning maybe not adequate

Lorraine said...

What a jaw-dropper! So beautiful.

Denise Marzec said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS, LeAnne!

Linda said...

Oh My Goodness you are a busy girl and I could never get sick of your post or cards.
This is outstanding. I think I need a video for this one. I get lost in the embossing. I would love to watch you make this card.

Bev J. said...

Beautiful-like all the details@ tfs

Liza Yon said...

hi! you are one busy stamper :) but I enjoy peeking in what you create... I love the pink and brown CAS one :) hugs to you...

Jean Franks Beck said...

All three posts are gorgeous, LeAnne!

Michelle-Jersey Girl said...

Great job! I never know what to do with this set. Thanks for the idea!

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is LOVELY! All the texture and detail is fabulous!