Monday, March 15, 2010

CAS Birthday

DSCF7218

I was happy to make this card this morning, as it:

  • fulfilled the CAS Challenge #58 at SCS here, which was to use shades of green, brown and a neutral
  • fulfilled the need for my nephew’s birthday card (and I think they really don’t care what’s on the front, just what’s INSIDE!)
  • got some scraps off my desk that I had been pushing around for a while
  • uses vintage images, which I love!

So here it is:

DSCF7219

I wanted to incorporate the third image, a green birdhouse, into the mix, but somehow it just didn’t fit in, so I went with a larger square card just using these two images.  They are from the Graphics Fairy, printed on Very Vanilla and distressed with some Close to Cocoa ink, then mounted on a scrap of mossy green Christmas paper I had from yesterday’s card (the flip side!).  I added a big eyelet and a simple sentiment and off in the mail it will go!  Thanks for visiting today…..Dana & I are feeling better, although seeing sunshine would certainly do all of us some good.  Later this week—temps in the 60s!!  Yahoo!

11 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

Love these images!

mudmaven said...

I just love this card LeAnne! This would be a huge hit with DH too as both images are things near and dear to his heart. Love the soft colors too. ~chris

Juanita said...

This is a perfect card for the men in our lives. I love that bicycle image.
Great work in cleaning up your desk and getting a card in the mail :)

Deb Neerman said...

This is fabulous, LeAnne! Love the color combination and those terrific images ... a wonderful CAS card!!

Linda said...

Love this. It is a great guy card.

Denise Marzec said...

Love these images...especially that bicycle. I'm always drawn to bicycle images. GREAT card, LeAnne!

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid that I'll never, EVER, get the urge to make cards again. Have you ever gone belly up where being "creative" is concerned? (beyond being entrenched in wedding plans)

Maria Matter said...

love the CAS style, this is fabulous!
blessings, Maria

Barbara said...

Awesome guy card, LeAnne!

dpkennedy said...

Ooh, I love those images! Very nice cas card!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Great card, LeAnne! Those images are fabulous!