Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Color Throwdown #82

swatch 82

Hi everyone!  It’s my turn to throw down the color challenge this week at the Color Throwdown blog!  I chose some fun colors inspired by some patterned paper I found in my Cosmo Cricket Early Bird line of Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, Ruby Red and Very Vanilla!  I hope you will be able to create something unique and fun with these colors.  Remember to check out all the deets on the CTD blog, right there in the sidebar.  Post your creation on your blog or online gallery, then link it back to the CTD blog.  I am looking forward to see what you can create!

Since life has been a little hectic at our house, I chose to do a very simple layout for my card:

DSCF6945

I couldn’t resist making another card with Robyn’s punch before I returned it!  This will be for a sweet friend who has been such an encouragement to me over the last few weeks; I had an idea for the inside sentiment, but alas, no stamps with those words, so I computer-generated them:

DSCF6948

I know, it’s corny, but I think it will give her a giggle!  I also added a nice little punched strip down the inside fold of the card. 

So be sure to check out what the CTD girls have come up with, and make sure you peek in and say hi to Pam Speidel, our Guest Stamper for March!!!  Here are the others:

DSCF6943

  • Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes, Polka Dots, PTI
  • Paper:  Old Olive, Ruby Red, Not Quite Navy, Very Vanilla, Cosmo Cricket Early Bird
  • Ink:  Not Quite Navy, Ruby Red
  • Acc:  Slot Punch, Scallop Trim Punch, Oval Punch, Oval Scallop Punch, Nesties, Riding Hood Red Ribbon (ret)

DSCF6946

21 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous, LeAnne! Love that pattern of paper from the EB line and the layered up bird is too cute!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Such a "tweet" card, LeAnne! That bird and branch is awesome, and these colors were fabulous to work with!

Ruthie said...

love this card! the colors are gorgeous!

Barbara said...

Wonderful combo, LeAnne, and your card is indeed "tweet" ;-)

Broni said...

I love this, LeAnne!! I never thought to use Early Bird!! It's perfect!

Unknown said...

Love it!!!

Juanita said...

Wow! Those colors are amazing and your card is so great. The layout, the paper, the bird, your sentiment. I love all of it.
I have been amazed by you, with all that you have going on, you are still able to post on a regular basis and share your amazing talent with us.

mudmaven said...

This is just gorgeous LeAnne! Love that CC paper too. I'm sure it will be well loved when received. ~chris

Deb Neerman said...

Love, love, love this adorable card, LeAnne! A super-fab color combination ... have to give this one a try!

Krista said...

Awesome card LeAnne !!! Love the bird !

Christi Flores said...

I love that bird!! This is gorgeous!!!

Elise said...

Glad to see you've got your craft-on! This is super-duper magnificent! Those colors! *SWOON!* Wonderful!

You've been sooooooo much in my thoughts and prayers! I've been out of the blog loop for a while, but I'm back and ready to drink in your marvelous inspiration! I adore you, sweet LeAnne!

Elaine M said...

I know she will love it!! The colors are so vibrant and the little bird punch is just the perfect touch. Great job!

Renee said...

Wow look at this! It's gorgeous and I love how the paper matches the challenge!

Silke Ledlow said...

LeAnne - the Cosmo DP is awesome and I like that you drew your inspiration from it...this combo rocks!!! Your card turned out super cute!!! The punched out images are cool..I might have to get this punch too :)!!! Hugs ~S~

Carol L said...

Those colors are amazing, and the more I see that little bird, the more I think I need to have him :)
GREAT card for the challenge!!

Kim said...

Gorgeous card, LeAnne! Cute inside sentiment! I'm sure your friend will love it!

Pam Speidel said...

Perfectly WONDERFUL card for the color challenge LeAnne! Love the vibrant colors in the dp and your "tweet" little birdie too!

Liza Yon said...

Great color combo! Love your DP and little birdie. Hope all is well w you.

Stacey Schafer said...

great combo, girly! your card is super cute!

Sarah Gough said...

This is SO adorable! I love the sentiment you created.