Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Happy St. Pat’s Day!

DSCF7230

Since tomorrow is the Color Throwdown challenge, I thought I would post this card today.  I don’t think I have ever actually sent someone a Saint Patrick’s Day card!  I have made a few samples, but I don’t know that I actually gave them to anyone!  Anyway, this card will be going to one of my fun customers who is always so generous with her crafty creations!  It uses a retired SU SAB set as well as a couple current sets:

DSCF7228

The Garden Green panel was cut using my Big Shot and the Scallop Square die; I ran it through once, then repositioned it so that two scallops on the side were beyond the cutting area, then ran it through again to achieve the rectangle.  The hearts from Polka Dot Punches (retired) were punched with the Large Heart Punch; the small glittery heart is from I {Heart} Hearts---I colored in the word “love” with my GG marker, then punched it with the Small Heart Punch.  The background is the jumbo wheel, Cornelli Lace and the sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.  I found a poem on the internet and printed it for the inside:

DSCF7233

Those cute little shamrocks are from Holiday Blitz—a great set to have!!!  I hope your day is full of blessings as well!!

7 comments:

dpkennedy said...

Aw, this is so pretty! I sent St. Pat's cards out once! Save it for next year!

Juanita said...

I love how that cornelli lace works so well with the polka-dot punches.
This is a super card, I love it.

mudmaven said...

Such a sweet card LeAnne! Love that background stamp too. ~chris

Pam Speidel said...

Terrific st pattys card! I need a video tutorial on how you did the scallops...I guess I'm die cut challenged! :)

Linda said...

Oh I do love St.Patty's Day. This card is so clever. I love the way you used the hearts to make the shamrock. A lucky clover has four leaves. But then you need a good old Irish friend to be telling you that.
Top O' the Mornin to ya LeAnne!

Deb said...

Fantastic cards!! Love them both, especially the poem :-)

Tammy Hershberger said...

SWEET!