Friday, March 19, 2010

Happy Spring!

DSCF7260

I have two happy cards today---happy because the weather is warming up and it is actually spring-like, happy because my cards have flowers on them, happy because I did some watercoloring, and happy because they came together quickly!

The first is for today’s SCS challenge, F4A4, Colorful Baskets….to make a card or 3D basket item using Perfect Plum, Certainly Celery and Barely Banana.  I had a chance to use PTI’s Vintage Picnic Basket set, one I never use enough.  I stamped it on Shimmery White paper and used Copics for the basket and reinkers to watercolor the flowers. Here’s the finished product:

DSCF7257

The DP is from Tall Tails; ribbon is retired SU and the butterflies are some leftovers from a previous project using the Beautiful Wings embosslit.  I purposely left off a sentiment and will add one when the occasion arises!

My next happy spring card uses some scraps from an old Hostess pack I had laying on my table and a current SAB set:

DSCF7255

I stamped the image on SU’s little note cards that are in the current mini catalog (can’t remember the name of them!) and used markers to color them in…..added a Regal Rose ribbon, and a sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes, popped up in a small oval punch, and it was done.  EASY!!!  I am hoping YOU are having a lovely spring day too!

DSCF7255-1

12 comments:

Julia Aston said...

I just love those PTI baskets! both of your cards are so wonderfully springy LeAnne! isn't it nice to finally have some warm weather!! we're into the 60's today and my crocus are blooming!

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

Gorgeous, as usual! This weather is heavenly, isn't it?!?! I can't wait to start planting flowers! Have a fabulous weekend!

Juanita said...

That second card is super cute and it would be so easy to reproduce. The basket full of flowers on shimmery white paper is brilliant.

Jetstudio Designs said...

Very pretty cards, I love the tulip card...the colors are so pretty.

Corie said...

Both of these are so pretty!!

Thanks for stopping by my BLOG today!! I updated my post with the tutorial links for the baskets, in case you were interested :o)

Big smiles,
Corie

Deb Neerman said...

Love these gorgeous spring cards, LeAnne!

Michelle-Jersey Girl said...

Very cute! Love those butterflies.

Jennifer said...

Hi Leanne. Both of your cards are so pretty and cheerful. I especially like the way you colored your basket!

hugs,
Jennifer L

Linda said...

These are beautiful cards. I love the layout of the second one and the basket in the first one is so cute. We had beautiful weather all week. All the snow melted. Tomorrow we are getting 2 to 3 in. of snow. Oh well the robins are back and it has to snow three times on their tail before it is really spring here.

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful cards, that basket is beautiful, I love how you water-colored the flowers! Sorry I haven't been by in a while, looks like I've missed a lot of beautiful cards. Take care, ~Diane

Tammy Hershberger said...

VERY sweet cards, LeAnne! I LOVE pink and gray together, and that basket of tulips is beautiful!

I don't know what it's like over your way but it's gorgeous here.... was thinking it's too bad the wedding wasn't this weekend instead! :(

wicker picnic baskets said...

Everybody loves spring. It signifies a new beginning. More outdoor activities. I love the picnic basket designs. Hope I'll learn watercolor someday. The spring cards are just lovely.