Thursday, March 17, 2011

SC324 Christmas

DSCF0073

Yes, I know it’s St Patrick’s Day, and I know I am posting a Christmas card!!!  (There is green on my card!)  But before I post, I have a little St Patrick’s prayer for you:

Christ be with me,

Christ within me,

Christ behind me,

Christ before me,

Christ beside me,

Christ to win me,

Christ to comfort and restore me.

Christ beneath me,

Christ above me,

Christ in quiet,

Christ in danger,

Christ in heart of all that love me,

Christ in mouth of friend and stranger.

Isn’t that lovely?  This was on a portion of St Patrick’s breastplate, and dates from the early fifth century.  A friend gave me a book on the meditations on this prayer, and I think it is just so simple, yet so profound!  I think I could begin all my prayer time with this.  Now, on to my (secular) Christmas card!!!

DSCF0072

This uses the sketch from yesterday’s SCS sketch challenge:

SC324 NC

and was such a cheater card---almost no stamping; I let the paper and the chipboard tag do all the work! The little horizontal panel does has a bit of Linen stamped on it in Crumb Cake, but that’s about it, other than the inside!  And look who came along to help me as I was photographing it outside:

DSCF0071

LOL, the closeness of Pumpkin makes her look gigantic—or makes my card look miniscule!!! It’s all a matter of depth perception!  She is not a giant cat at all! :D  Thanks for visiting today----it is finally WARM here in SE PA!!!  Enjoy your day!

  • Stamps:  Linen
  • Paper:  Text VV, Naturals Ivory, Graphics 45 Vintage Christmas
  • Ink:  Crumb Cake
  • Acc:  Seam Binding, MS Branch Punch, Brenda Walton Tag, Corner Rounder, Dauber

10 comments:

Denise Willerton said...

thank you so much for the St. Patrick's prayer LeAnne and the beautiful card which looks like it was taken outside on your step.....sigh....we are still in two feet of snow, but it's melting ~ yippee!!! Happy day to you!

Lisa R. said...

Nice, love the little prayer. thanks for sharing

Caryl P said...

Beautiful prayer, thanks for sharing! St. Nick, St. Pat...two of the most secular saints around. Beautiful card, I love cheating every once in awhile!
Thanks for sharing the picture with your helper too....aren't cats the best helpers?!?

Mrs. O said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!
Loved the Christmas card and the design sketch. Especially liked the picture that included Pumpkin. Made me laugh.

Jetstudio Designs said...

Great card, I like the papers and image you used.

Elise said...

What a BEAUTIFUL post, LeAnne! I love that saying/prayer and honey, your cards NEVER do wrong! I'd love this card - even if it were HALLOWEEN! {hee hee}

I'm so glad Pumpkin jumped in to get some of the attention off that BABY! Sheesh! tee hee

Happy St. Patty's Day, m'darlin'!

Linda said...

Oh my this is a pretty one. Max is on my lap and thinks he is looking in a mirror. He said purrrr to Pumpkin

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks for sharing the beautiful card. The kitty is so cute peeking over the top.

You say you are from SE PA - where abouts? I am from Millersville - just outside of Lancaster.

Patti

Wendy said...

Beautiful, LeAnne! I love it! :)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Haha! I don't know how I missed this one, LeAnne! What a beautiful prayer your shared, too. Great card! I really like seeing holiday cards in the spring...i think it makes them stand out so much more. I especially love that photo with your sweet kitty. She looks HUGE! It's like a Godzilla movie, haha! :)