Wednesday, March 16, 2011

CTD133 & JAI59

DSCF0062

It’s Wednesday and that means it’s Color Throwdown time!  Kristin is our hostess today and she has thrown down these colors for us, and you, to play with:

swatch 133 (1)

I was flitting through my file of digital images and came across a cute little cartoon girl I got from the Graphics Fairy, and I thought she would make a cute card:

CTD133

I also used the sketch from Just Add Ink:

JAI_Sketch59 (1)

Her little dress was paper pieced; she was colored with Copics; the sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp.  Pretty easy cute little card!  I hope you’ll play along with the CTD girls too!  Stop on over to the CTD blog for all the details.  You can check out their designs here, too:

Thanks for visiting today!

DSCF0055

  • Stamps: Simon Says Stamp sentiments (no name on package); digital
  • Paper:  Very Vanilla, Elegant Eggplant, Early Espresso, Wild Wasabi, Perfect Plum Patterns DP, Thrift Shop by Oct Afternoon
  • Ink:  Early Espresso, Crumb Cake
  • Acc:  Copics, Gingham Ribbon, Nesties, Button & Thread, Pinking Hearts Border PUnch, Dimensionals

18 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I love the paper piecing on that cute little image. Thanks for playing along at Just Add Ink.

Julia Aston said...

Super colors on this LeeAnn! and I love that cute cartoon digi! nicely done! and look how big your GD is!! don't they grow quickly!!

Linda said...

This is adorable and I love the colors and sketch.

Barbara said...

Cute! If you'd made her hair red it could have been Little Orphan Annie! Great take on the sketch, too--love that ribbon!

Bev J. said...

Cute image and card-reminds me of Little Orphan Annie!

Cassidy appears to be doing her exercises; something I sure need to do!! (Grin)

Keva said...

What a cute image! She's adorable with her little cute dress. Love that gingham ribbon,too. Really pretty card!

Laura Pryor said...

What a fun and cute little image that is, LeAnne!! The picture of Cassidy is so cute. Love the little tongue sticking out! HA!! Is she doing any raspberries? Keithie did them all the time at that age even all the way through his Christening! HA!!

Lisa Kind said...

Oh so cute, LeAnne! She reminds me of Little Lulu (I think that was her name! Dating my self, I know!). Great use of the colors, too!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card and cute image. Thanks for playing along with us at JAI

Anne Marie Hile said...

What an adorable card, LeAnne! I love that paper pieced dress and that fun gingham ribbon. This card would brighren anyone's day for sure! :)

Carol L said...

You did a fabulous job with this color combo! Love the paper piecing and that happy little cutie-pie!!

Corie said...

WOW this is super adorable -- I love those colors!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh LeAnne, that's so beautiful. Love that green plaid ribbon!

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, what great colors this week...I'll have to make something this weekend after we take the Grands home!!! Your little cartoon image is sooo cute, perfectly colored, I might add!!!

Elaine M said...

What an adorable card - haven't seen that image before - made me think of Lulu.
And would you look at Cassidy being excited about your choice of colors - giggle. Give her a hug for me

Broni said...

That is such a cute little girl and I love her paper pieced dress too!! Of course, your little darling is adorable!! She's growing up so fast!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Aw, Cassidy is so happy! LOVE that picture!

Adorable card, LeAnne! She makes me think of Little Lulu!

dpkennedy said...

That adorable image reminds me of Lil' Abner! You remember that, right? Super cute card! Oh, and super cute Cassidy! Yummy cheeks!