Tuesday, March 22, 2011

CQC77

DSCF0144

Ay, caramba!  Arielle’s color challenge today for the ColourQ really had me going!  What do you think:

cqc77

A gorgeous inspiration photo!  But Concord Crush  scares me!  But I persevered,  and I thought I would take my little “jewel” of a DGD and make a 6x6 scrapbook page, since her mommy likes to dress her in purple:

CQC77_LeAnne 1

I am scrapbook-challenged, as you know, and this little page took a lot longer than it should have!  Anyway, there are lots of little embellishments:

DSCF0148 

and

DSCF0144-1

See the little raggedy edge of the journaling piece?  That’s the top edge of a piece of DP torn from its binding.  I fished it out of the trash---shameful, but that little edge was so cute, I couldn’t resist!  Not much stamping, mostly doodads…..now if I would just do some more to add to my scrapbook! 

DSCF0147

Take a scoot on over to the CQC blog to see what the others have come up with.  We’d love to see your take on these fabulous colors!  (If you have any questions about anything used here, just shoot me an email…..I am feeling too lazy to write it all down!!!)

DSCF0110

15 comments:

Jeanette said...

I wish I was scrapbook challenged! Then my pages would be fabulous like yours.

Janine said...

Love the colors today LeAnne... SO springy!!!!

scrappingnana said...

Really cute layout. Can't wait to see a layout with today's cute pic you posted. She is adorable and really growing. TFS

Anne Marie Hile said...

Gorgeous color combo! I really like how you put t all togethr on your scrapbook page, too. Scrapbook challenged? Ha! Not you! I'm sure you had great inspiration from that cutie-patootie in the photo! :) Love that little torn edge that was "rescued" from the vertical file, too. Great touch! :)

Carol L said...

You only THINK you're scrapbook challenged my friend! This page is fabulous!! I love that raggedy edge you added, who knew it would look so good? If I had all of these colors, I'd play along.......I LOVE this combo! Lil Cass looks so pretty in purple :)

lisa808 said...

Cassidy & your s/b page are adorable!!! btw, purple is my favorite color.

Denise Willerton said...

such a cute page LeAnne ~ Cassidy's eyes are stunning in this picture ~ they always are, but you've really captured this! TFS & have a great day!

Patti said...

Great page and colors. Your granddaughter is perfect photo material for scrapbook pages. Adorable.

mudmaven said...

Adorable doesn't even come close ... what a total bundle of wonderful! Love the colors that Arielle chose - perfect for this time of year. I picked up some of her images btw and can't wait to color them up - thanks for the enabling. Hope your weather is as good as ours! ~chris

Elaine M said...

It's impossible to do a bad scrapbook page with little Cassidy on it! Love love love these colors - great job

Anonymous said...

With all the love that little angel gets, it's no wonder why there's such a huge smile on that sweet face.

Ruth Ann V. said...

LeAnne,
I enjoy all you cards and your special endings..pictures of your DGD! Cassidy is growing so fast!
God bless you all, Diddyruthann

Unknown said...

What an adorable page.. Love those colors. And your DGD is so adorable..

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me such a sweet comment. I can't wait to be a Grandma!!

Hugs, Linda

Jean Franks Beck said...

Beautiful layout, LeAnne! You don't look "challenged" - the details and colors are perfect. And yep, I would have fished in the trash for that scrap, too... it's a sickness, I guess, LOL!

Juanita said...

What a stunning inspiration photo. It works perfectly with Cassidy's outfit. Great scrap page!