Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Color Throwdown 135 & Farewell

DSCF0227

Happy Wednesday!  Barbara is our hostess for the CTD this week with this fun palette:

swatch 135

As always, we invite you to play using any brand of paper or stamps, just please stick to the colors above.  All the details can be found on the CTD blog

I had some cute pictures of the baby from Valentine’s day, but the colors weren’t really right to complement Barbara’s colors, so I printed them in sepia to make this 12x12 page:

DSCF0232

It’s always tough to photograph something this large, especially with all the “activity” going on here!  I’ll break it down a bit:

DSCF0228

The base is a piece of Love Letter paper with a grid design, that already had a black flourish on the corner; I added some heat-embossed hearts, some diecut-embossed hearts, butterflies and swirls, and a little diecut tag.

DSCF0229

DSCF0230

DSCF0231

I also added some embossed diecut flowers, embellished with butterflies as well!  Even though it is a bit busy, I just love it!  Now, we’d love to see what you do with these colors!  Be sure to share your creation with us over at the CTD blog, where you can also see all the other designers’ creations as well:

DSCF0195

  • Stamps:  Always
  • Paper:  VV, Real Red, Basic Black, So Saffron Patterns & Love Letter DP
  • Ink:  Black Craft
  • Acc:  Diecuts:  Lots of Tags, Scalloped Heart of Hearts, Beautiful Wings, Fun Flowers, Billboard Alphabet, Scribble Swirls; Punches:  Boho Blossom, Small Heart, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack; Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon

Also, I wanted to let you know that this is my last week as a permanent member of the CTD team.  Ever since Tammy first asked me to participate, I have had an incredible experience with a wonderful, creative, crazy bunch of women, and an even more incredible time seeing all the beautiful cards and projects that you, our readers, have created!  I will be playing with them occasionally, but need to spend a little more time with my family!  Here’s a little “blast from the past” showing a few of my favorite CTD cards, including my very first one from July 9, 2008, (of which I was the hostess), featuring Sage Shadow, Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink!

07-09-08 Color Throwdown Challenge - 2

CTD21-4

DSCF7454-1

CTD27

DSCF1747

DSCF3771

DSCF4456

DSCF6528-1

DSCF6933

DSCF8575

Have a happy week!

21 comments:

Chris said...

I don't stop by as often as I should so I am really glad I came to somment on this post. Even though I'm not here to tell you I always look forward to seeing your work on the CTD so I was sorry to see this is a farewell. I wish you well and hope your family is fine.
As for this creation, OMG!!!! It is as gorgrous as the little miss who is showcased on it. I love it, especially because while the layout itself is fun and interesting it doesn't overpower the photos. A lot of scrappers don't realize they put so much embellies on the page it overpowers the photo which is really the reason you want to look at it. That little baby is a doll, I just want to pinch her cheeks.
God bless you with all you do and I'll see you around the blogs.

Lesley said...

What a lovely page...it is absolutely perfect for the photos and I love that you made them Sepia. A perfect final project for the CTD my friend! You do such awesome work!!!
Hugs!
Lesley

Connie K. said...

I absolutely love your page. Very, very nice.

Anonymous said...

Oh I loved the blast from the past. I know how honored you were to be part of the team, but now you can DO WHAT YOU WANT!!!! AND WHEN YOU WANT!!

mudmaven said...

Your scrapbook page is absolutely fantastic! Granted you had great subject matter to worth with, but WOW something very special! Love the walk down memory lane too - always a pleasure to see your work. ~chris

Barbara said...

Well, I am here to tell you, girlfriend, you should do more scrapbook pages if this is how they're going to turn out! This is MORE than gorgeous! It's SUPER gorgeous!! I don't want to talk about you leaving CTD. Even thought I know you'll still be close.

Denise Marzec said...

WOWWWWWWWWWWW...I love love LOVE your scrap page. It's AWWWWWWWWWE-SOME!!!

I'll miss seeing your regular CTD posts, but I totally understand needing to spend more time with family. :) Your heart is in the right place. :)

Carol L said...

Are you the one who posted recently that you aren't a scrapbooker?!?!?! Well I beg to differ..AGAIN! This is one AWESOME page, and I LOVE that the photos are done in sepia tones! Congratulations on having such a long run on the CTD, but family always takes priority and I completely understand. Best wishes always!

Linda said...

Oh my goodness all these beautiful cards in one post. And that page WOW it really is wonderful.

Arielle H Gordon said...

Love your layout, LeAnne!!! All those elements in the top left corner are AWESOME!!! And your subject matter is a cutie-patootie, too!

scrappingnana said...

Your layout is gorgeous. Love the colors and all the details. Great job with the CTD challenge. TFS

Nancy Dawson said...

What a beautiful baby! Oh and the page is gorgeous too! I am sorry to see you go. I just 'lurk' but your creations are simply stunning. I'm sure you will find some time to craft.

Tammy Hershberger said...

*sniff.... sniff..... waaaaaaahhhhh!* What a bittersweet good-bye! I know how much you need to spend more time with that sweet little angel, but we will MISS you so much! This page is STUNNING, LeAnne! You need to do more scrapbook pages! I love the way you took the swirls that were already in the corner and worked all the extra details into it! Fabulous work!

Anne Marie Hile said...

This is gorgeous, LeAnne! Thanks for the inspiration to get back to making some scrapbok pages. (That's what first started my papercrafting obsession!) So sorry to see you leaving the team. However, this is such a beautiful way to say farewell in style! :)

Broni said...

This is just the sweetest scrapbook page, EVER! And how precious is Cassidy in that little hair band!! I can't believe it's been so long since we started the Color Throwdown! What a great ride it's been! You're the best!

Laura Pryor said...

Well, see I don't really think of it as leaving because I'm still really banking on the fact that you'll stop by and join us from time to time! Either way it won't be the same without you!
And by the way you already know how much I love this page but seriously, it's REALLY REALLY, utterly and amazingly beautiful! Do more! MORE!

Nance Leedy said...

Oh LeAnne, this page is incredible!! Love the colors, love all the swirls and butterflies but ADORE your pix of that sweet little girl. Her face can light up a room! Congratulations on your fabulous run with the CTD too. Hugs, nance

Georgette said...

LeAnne, Cassidy is just the cutest little girl. As impossible as it may seem, she just keeps getting more beautiful every day. I think you need to enter her in a baby contest. Your pictures are just so precious. She would win hands down.

Unknown said...

I love this layout!!
great combo of elements, and beautiful and sweet baby

Mary Marsh said...

your layout caught my eye on the ctd blog and I had to stop and let you know how cut this is leanne. yourdgd is so precious and I am sure you are enjoying her immensely. loved seeing your previous projectd from the ctd-blessings to whatever you put yur hands to next!!

Denise Willerton said...

well my dear ~ it's been so fun chatting back & forth with you and popping in on you to see what you've been creating ~ I love what you do LeAnne and always enjoy my time on your blog ~ I will continue to stalk you (in a good way) have a blessed day ~ hugs, Denise :-)