Tuesday, March 15, 2011

ColourQ76 &SSC194

DSCF0025-1

Happy Tuesday—it’s ColourQ time again! Arielle has brought us a fresh spring palette today:

cqc76

I was lamenting the fact that my Trendy Trees stamp set was gathering dust and when I saw these colors, I knew I could remedy that:

CQC76-LeAnne

I began with the Stamping 411 sketch 194:

SSC194[3]

and the rest was pretty easy! I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to ensure my tree trunks lined up with my leaves, as well as getting my sentiment from Word Play in just the right spot! I made some faux rickrack using my scallop border punch and “sewed” it with a paper piercer and white gel pen “stitches”! I am planning to use this as a masculine birthday card---I always need more of them!

Please be sure to check out the CQC blog to see what the other designers came up with using these seasonal colors!

DSCF0026

  • Stamps: Word Play, Trendy Trees
  • Paper: WW, Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive, Early Espresso
  • Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive, Early Espresso
  • Acc: Scallop Border Punch, SAMJ, Paper Piercer, White Gel Pen, Button, Nesties

DSCF0013

20 comments:

Carol L said...

Great card using those colors! What could be better than trendy trees and a trendy toddler? CUTE!!

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely spring-fresh card. Really pretty. And a really clever trick with the scallop edge punch!

Barbara said...

Love how you used that sketch! Awesome card, LeAnne!

scrappingnana said...

Very nice card. It looks so springy. Your little one is getting so big and she is just adorable. I enjoy all the photos you share. Have a great day.

Tammy Hershberger said...

SO cute! I always loved that tree set! It's perfect for that sketch!

Lesley said...

Great card LeAnne, everything works so well together!

Anonymous said...

super cute LeAnne! I think I just have the wheel stamp that matches this... unmounted that is! : ) I need to use it too!
Pam Going Postal

Debbie said...

Love your card and love your colors on it!!!

http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/

Elaine M said...

Trendy Trees is a favorite set - love how you used the button. And look at Cassidy sitting up with pillows - yaaaa Cassidy. Such a sweetie!

Wendy said...

Super cute...the card and your granddaughter!:) Love it, LeAnne!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Just awesome, LeAnne! The colors, the design and the stamp set work perfectly together. What a little sweetie Ms. Cassidy is, too! Such a happy little gal! :)

Kerin said...

Awww, so cute!! And your card is awesome too ;) I don't use that set nearly enough, and I had a "duh, why didn't I think of that set for this sketch" moment when I saw yours!!! Everything about this card is just perfect :)

Carrie Sampsel said...

Such a cute card and I love that stamp set. TFS
www.carriesscrapyard.blogspot.com

Julie said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! Great job with the sketch and color challenge!!

Patti Chesky said...

Love this! The faux stitching is the perfect finishing touch!

Jenn said...

Very beautiful card! Love you created with this sketch!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Cute times Three and she is darling!!!

Unknown said...

Love this!! Great job with the sketch and what a cutie she is!!!

Selene Kempton said...

This is stunning... I love your take on the sketch.. She's adorable!!

Andrea M said...

This is gorgeous LeAnne!!! WOW!!! I love those sweet trees!!!