Wednesday, March 9, 2011

CTD#132

DSCF8111

Happy Wednesday!  Another Color Throwdown with Broni as our hostess, and she has some lovely colors for everyone today:

swatch 132

Aren’t these yummy (swoon)?  My only problem was that I had NO IDEAS in my brain as to what to do with them…none. I pulled out some papers, threw them back, pulled out some more…..hemmed & hawed about them.  I finally remembered a little pack of sewing-themed ATC papers I got this weekend and everything began happening from there.  Here’s my jam-packed vintage creation for you:

CTD132

The panel on the right and the sewing machine ad are from the ATC pack.  I watercolored the lady’s dress & hair with Daffodil Delight ink—how convenient that it was plain white!  I gave her some blush, too! 

DSCF8109-1

And there really isn’t very much stamping on this card!!  I did do a bit at the bottom on the Soft Sky panel, and the word “create” from the Sew Special set by CHF; the rest of it is paper, buttons, seam binding and a beautiful crocheted flower that I received as a RAK…..here’s another angle:

DSCF8108

Oh my, I just love looking at all the goodies on this, especially since the colors Broni chose are all so pretty!  I hope you will play along with the CTD colors too….hop on over to the CTD blog for all the details.  Even if you don’t have the exact colors, something close is okay!  Here are links to the designers for some additional inspiration:

DSCF8110

  • Stamps:  Pocket Silhouettes, Friends 24-7, Sew Special, CHF
  • Paper:  Crumb Cake, Soft Sky Textured, Thrift Shop, October Afternoon; Material Girl, Cosmo Cricket; Sewing ATC Collection, Memories in the Making; Postcards, MTME
  • Ink:  Soft Sky, Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze
  • Acc:  Scallop Trim Border Punch, Pinking Hearts Border Punch, Seam Binding, Buttons, Crocheted Flower, Victoria Lace, Daubers

I don’t often get photos of my DH and DGD, but here they are making faces at each other:

137_5112

18 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Wow, lots of awesome details on this. Beautiful!!

Have a great day, LeAnne.

Your friend,
the "SA" ;)

Laura Pryor said...

Oh this is so fun! I love each and every element! it came together beautifully! I love the picture of Cassidy! I love her cheeks. She's too cute!!! I can't believe how big she's getting so fast!

Keva said...

Wow..what eye candy! So many details and I love them all. My brian never would have come up with this..it's just so cool!

Linda said...

Ohhh I love all the vintage sewing. Very cool. I love all the sewing cards.
Those don't look like happy faces they are making. So sweet.

Deb said...

Wow!! When you found your MOJO, it was WELL-RESTED!!

Love how you BEAUTIFULLY portrayed an era in homemaking!! Just LOVELY!!!

Denise Willerton said...

Love everything going on in this card LeAnne ~ you really captured the 'old time' look ~ WOW!!!

Unknown said...

I love that card, and how you played with all the elements, that make a perfect set
great job!!

Barbara said...

Awesome card, LeAnne! So much to look at!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Gorgeous creation, full of sweet vintage goodness!

Tammy Hershberger said...

LOL Cassidy looks like she is thinking "Grandpa, you're crazy!"

LeAnne, this is STUNNING! OMGosh, I LOOOOVE all the elements on this!

Broni said...

Fabulous detail on this beautiful card!! I love all the great sewing elements!!

Carol L said...

You always do a fantastic job with your vintage sewing themes! This is beautifully detailed and colored!
I think this is the first picture of Cassidy I've seen with her looking so serious! Cute!

dpkennedy said...

Absolutely stunning! Your embellishments add so much texture and dimension-wow! I love this card!

Elise said...

HONESTLY! It's not fair to the rest of us, to just PLACE those darling cheeks out there like that! HOW do ANY of you get anything done - EVER!?! AND if you weren't such an amazingly talented card crafty princess, I would be afraid that baby might.... and I did say MIGHT, outshine your work. Fortunately, that's NOT the case! hee hee FANTASTIC work, my friend!!!!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

I LOVE this card!
Such a great combo of colors, items, everything is SUPERB!Hugs

Linda Callahan said...

This is one fabulous vintage card - I love it!

Andrea M said...

AMAZING card LeAnne! Stunning vintage style - LOVE the crocheted flower!!!

Kristin Eberline said...

Ooooohhhhh, LeAnne! I LOVE your jam packed vintage goodness! LOL Every little detail is perfect and goes beautifully with the paper and little lady!! That measuring tape is such a fun touch :]