Monday, March 14, 2011

CAS110 & Mojo182

DSCF0043

Just a quick post today before running out the door for lots of errands!  Today’s card, in my opinion, is not really CAS, but my image loosely fit the Mojo Monday 182 sketch fairly well, so I combined the two.  The CAS challenge at SCS today was the “Out of the Box” technique; you can see the details here.  I needed a birthday card for my nephew, so this fit the bill perfectly, using SU’s Plane & Simple set from the Occasions mini:

DSCF0042

I got some cool BG paper called “Wander” and even though the colors don’t seem to match in my photo, they do IRL!!  My nephew loves anything to do with WWII, and this is as close as I could find! Here’s the sketch:

Mojo182Sketch

I managed to convince DH to take a picture of me with the baby after church yesterday, and it actually came out fairly well (DH is not noted for his photography skills!!):

DSCF0033

A tiny bit blurry, but not bad at all!!!  Thanks for visiting us today!

  • Stamps: Plane & Simple, Sanded, Sentiment Flags by Lil’Inker Designs
  • Paper:  WW, Old Olive, Not Quite Navy, Wander by BG
  • Ink:  Old Olive, Not Quite Navy, River Rock
  • Acc:  Nesties, Circle Punches, CAD, Star Brad, Star Punch, Paper Piercer, White Gel Pen

15 comments:

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

Great card, as always! LOVE the pic of you and precious Cassidy!! Love that you match, too!! Adorable!!!!!! xoxo

Lesley said...

Out of the box technique looks fab with that airplane image. Love the photo of you and Cassidy!

Bev J. said...

Neat card and stamp set. Like how you and Cassidy color coordinate!

Vonnie said...

I love this stamp set. Your picture is great compliments all involved! Beautiful Cassidy such a smiley & sweet little girl!
Yvonne

jaydee said...

Gorgeous...Gorgeous...Gorgeous.... the pic, that is! I don't know who has the biggest smile! Love it...
Love your card, too!
Hugs
Jaydee

mudmaven said...

Great card - no surprise there though! I just love the pix of you and Cassidy - dh did a good job! She really looks like you! ~chris

Denise Willerton said...

Oh LeAnne, you look absolutely stunning holding your precious little one! Great shot!!! and I love your card, I haven't played with this stamp set yet, I do own it, and so it sits lonely and waiting for me! Have a great day!
Denise :-)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Aw, look at my beautiful friend with that beautiful baby! I LOVE that picture!

GREAT card... I really like that airplane image!

Cheryl said...

I love the picture of you and your sweet granddaughter. Such happy smiles. And I love your card!

Carol L said...

Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen a happier baby than Cassidy! Great photo, and great card for your nephew too!

Denise Marzec said...

Cool card and I LOVE that pic of you and Cassidy!

penniem said...

Hi LeAnne - I love your card, but I LOVE the picture of you and Cassidy - so very cute!!!

Andrea M said...

Sweet B-day card! Great masculine design!!!

Andrea M said...

PS. LOVE the pic of you and you cutie patootie!!! Fantastic - my complete dose of cute for the day!!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

I'm going to get to the card after I remark on those two sassy ladies in pink! Eeek! Just adorable! Great card today. That set is one of my new favirites for "guy cards" and I really like how you used such fresh colors. i keep seeing that set with vintage colors and this is a nice alternative. :)