Sunday, March 13, 2011

Paper Players #38

DSCF0017

I am a real space cadet today---I’ll blame it on the time change!  I made a slight faux pas on the colors of Ann’s lovely challenge:

PP38 Ann Colour (1)

I got most of it right----I just had it in my mind to use Naturals White instead of Very Vanilla!  Oh well, Ann said she would forgive me!  So let me show you my booboo card:

DSCF0015

I used the Friday Mashup sketch #35 shown here:

friday mashup 35

with some retired Parisian Breeze DP and Blushing Bride Patterns DP for my panel and flowers.  I ran the Parisian Breeze through the Vintage Wallpaper EF and distressed it with Early Espresso ink and a sponge; I love how it somehow gives the paper a pinkish tone as well, which enhances the Blushing Bride flowers, which are cut with the Fun Flowers Bigz die.  I punched a piece of cardstock with the Scallop Eyelet border punch; I then crimped it and split the paper so it would be flexible and soft, then “gathered” it for my little border piece.  I used the Vintage Vogue set to stamp some other floral images on the top and bottom panels.  I love this vintage look, even if I didn’t use the right neutral!

Now, I hope you can play along with the Paper Players with Ann’s pretty colors---post your creation on the Paper Players blog so we all can see them---and you just may be a Headliner or Cut Above for next week!

  • Stamps:  Vintage Vogue, Tiny Tags
  • Paper:  Naturals White, Early Espresso, Baja Breeze, Blushing Bride, Parisian Breeze DP, Baja Breeze & Blushing Bride Patterns DP
  • Ink:  Early Espresso, Blush Blossom
  • Acc:  Vintage Wallpaper EF; Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Seam Binding, 3/4” Circle, 1” Circle, Scallop Eyelet, Boho Blossoms  & Tiny Tag Punches, Fun Flowers Bigz Die, Pearls, Build-a-Brad, Crimper

139_5120

16 comments:

Carol L said...

There's nothing better to wake up to than a pretty card and that adorable smile!! Thanks for making my morning :)

lisa808 said...

The embossed DSP panel looks so very pretty. Love your flower and pearls.

Juanita said...

Beautiful card {and beautiful little girl}

Holly said...

Look at that cute smile!! Great take on the Sketch this week.. Those colors are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at The Mashup!

Denise Willerton said...

Wonderful card LeAnne ~ I love all the little things that you have going on here! And that face...had our munchkin for a sleep over and when he saw her face, he just stood a stared ~ I should have grab a photo of that! Have a great day!

Loli said...

Hello LeAnne-thank you for your comment about may card, i'm feel veeery good.
Yours cards are so beautiful.Good job.
A hug from Palma de Mallorca Spain

Terry said...

Your card is very pretty! I love the way you used the Eyelet Border Punch. So glad you're playing with us at Friday Mashup!. Thanks.

Denise Marzec said...

LOVE all the texture and that flower/butterfly combo!

Jetstudio Designs said...

Very pretty, I love the colors and the layout.

Unknown said...

I don't know what I look more forward to.....Your beautiful cards or that beautiful baby, Thanks for sharing both.

Nance Leedy said...

So much to love on this one LeAnne! Really love the embossed BG on DSP and that flower--gorgeous!

Marian Garcia, Studio M said...

I love all the cute darling details. The tiny tag, pearls, distressing, very nice.

Thank you for everything!

xo, Marian Garcia (Studio M)
The Paper Players March 2011 Guest Designer

Martha said...

Love the CS used on this wonderful card...that swirly blue is gorgeous and that sweet face is perfect to look at too! How blessed you are to have this time with her most every day!

Love and blessings, Martha

Lesley said...

This card is so pretty and that little Cassidy is super precious.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful! GREAT little details!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Love this one LeAnne! I really like all of the details you have added...I had to look at it three times to take it all in. Lovin' that distressed border punch, too. Such a big smile on your little sweetie's face. Adorable! :)