Sunday, March 6, 2011

Paper Players – Spring has Sprung!

Happy Sunday! I know here in PA, it doesn’t look much like a sunny spring day today---rain, rain----but hopefully if you check out the Paper Players blog, where I am hostess, you’ll be cheered with the plethora of spring projects there, because our challenge this week is “Spring has Sprung!”

PP37 Spring has Sprung (1)

For my project today, I made a little Easter basket:

DSCF8055

It is filled with some yummy candies as well as a little bag of “card candy” gleaned from my leftover bits & pieces that didn’t make it onto a card or project! I collect them all, bag them up & give them to my club hostesses for a fun little goody! Here’s another one, partially decorated and waiting to be filled:

DSCF8098

I put together a very loose & quick tutorial—they’re easily made and the inside “basket” can be made wider if you have more goodies to add. I did these photos rather quickly, so bear with me!

You’ll need one sheet of cardstock, the Square Lattice embossing folder, the Frame Scallop Oval Bigz Die from Stampin’ Up!, and strong adhesive, as well as whatever stamps and accessories you choose for embellishments. Here we go:

DSCF8072

Cut out two ovals and scallops from your cardstock. You’ll only need one of the scallop frames, so you can use the other for another project.

DSCF8076

Cut the scallop frame in half to make two handles. Emboss the two ovals using the Square Lattice EF. On each oval, cut 3/4” from one of the longer sides of the oval so that it now measures 2” across.

DSCF8086

Attach the handles to the back inside of the rounded part of the basket with your choice of strong adhesive.

DSCF8073

To make the bottom & sides that fit inside of the basket, cut a piece of cardstock 5 1/2” x 2 1/8”. Score 5/8” along the long sides and 1 1/4” on the short sides. Fold & score on the fold lines; snip the short vertical scores along the long edges up to the horizontal score line.

DSCF8084

Fold the sides up and adhere to make the box shape. (Make them the same on each side, not different like I have here!!)

DSCF8087

Glue each of the outside baskets & handles to either side of the box, making sure the bottom edges are flush and they are centered on the sides. I like to use Tombow glue and secure with some clothespins.

DSCF8089

Your basket is now finished and can be decorated as desired. Again, I apologize for the poor photos---this was a real quickie job! If you have any questions, feel free to contact me!!!

On the Pretty in Pink basket, I used the egg image & sentiment from Easter Blossoms; the eggs were stamped in Versamark, then Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi and Regal Rose and heat embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder. (You can find another project & a few more details about this technique here.) The tag is from the Lots of Tags diecut; ribbon is Pretty in Pink wide satin. The Peach Parfait basket uses the Fun Flowers Bigz diecut in Peach Parfait and Daffodil Delight Patterns DP. I hope that you’ll try to make a couple of these for your spring decorations as well! Share them with us at the Paper Players so we all can delight in them! Thanks for visiting today!

34 comments:

Anonymous said...

LeAnne this is too stinky cute! I love it!!! Great little Easter Basket for the kids!!

Bev J. said...

Cute project and great instructions. Have a great Sunday.

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh! LeAnne this is just adorable! I love it...and thanks for including the tutorial on how to make it!

Martha said...

Good Sunday morning LeAnne,

I just checked mail before going off to church and HAD to tell you how super adorable this basket idea is. I will save the tutorial and make these for sure. Thanks for sharing your always great expertise!

Love and blessings, Martha

Janine said...

Love these and thanks for the lesson! I always need a visual!!

SherryBee said...

Love your little basket and ALWAYS get a smile from your lil cutie! hehe
I am wondering what you mean when you say you
Stamp with Versamark and then the ink colors, and then embossed with the iridescent embossing powder.
Did you stamp twice, then? And, doesn't your inkpad get yunky from the versamark???
Thanks for your time...
SherryBee in AZ
beeson@frontiernet.net

SherryBee said...

P.S.
Thank you for taking the time to put the photo tutorial up for all of us! I thought your photos were fine!
SherryBee in AZ

Linda said...

Oh my goodness these area adorable. I have to make some. I am not sure who I will give them to but I am going to make them. LOL

Nance Leedy said...

Awww, this is so sweet LeAnne! How cute would these be on the Easter table?? Thanks for the great pictorial too. A perfect project for Spring!

SherryBee said...

Me, again....
Thanks for all the info on the eggs...
Is your link to the Paper Players working on this post??
SherryBee in AZ

Kristin Eberline said...

OMG, these are absolutely adorable, LeAnne! Thanks for the tutorial. Love how they are totally unique (I haven't seen these anywhere), and easy!

Lesley said...

Oh my word LeAnne! I love the tutorial you did!!! This basket is super sweet and makes me want that oval die!

lisa808 said...

Your little Easter baskets are so cute. Thanks for the tutorial. I will have to make some!

lisa808 said...

Your little Easter baskets are so cute. Thanks for the tutorial. I will have to make some!

Bonnie said...

This is really adorable! Thanks for the great tutorial!

Gina F said...

wow! I'm gonna case it,canI? thanks for sharing....gina F

Elise said...

EEEEEeeeeeeek! THIS IS ADORABLE! Oh, my goodness, LeAnne! YOU are brilliant! You know, I LOVE that die, but honestly, it rarely works for card craft - it's just a little too big! BUT this makes it TOTALLY work! What a fabulous tutorial! YIPEEEEE!

Cindy Beach said...

Fabulous basket, I love it! So adorable and cheery for spring. Wish I had these dies, thanks for the great tutorial!

Juanita said...

What a sweet basket. Thanks for the tutorial, I was trying to see how I could recreate something similar.

Denise Marzec said...

Awwww, these are ADORABLE!! Thanks for the instructions, too. It was so nice to see you yesterday!

Julie Gearinger said...

Love it! I agree with the others- so cute! Thanks for sharing the tutorial as well:-)

Pam Hodges said...

Thanks LeAnne! This is just what I needed to complete my Spring Holiday Stamp Camp! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Anonymous said...

That's the perfect embossing folder for a basket! Thank you for the great instructions.

Twila said...

Squeal! This is too cute, can't wait to make one.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for sharing how to make this darling little basket!

Patti said...

What an adorable basket. It could adapted as favor baskets too. Thanks for sharing the tutorial.

jaydee said...

Adorable! Love the tutorial, too. Fabulous spring colors and the stamped eggs are just perfect!
Amazing job, as always
hugs
jaydee

Andrea M said...

OMG how cute are these?!?! Very creative, my crafty friend!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

What a cute idea!!! You could make a mess of these in very little time, I'll bet!

Kristine said...

Perfect! Love this and a great project for my Mom and Me class. Thanks!

Marian Garcia, Studio M said...

Hello from CA LeAnne! Thank you so much for the warm welcome on being the Paper Players guest designer for March. I'm trilled to be here.

Your Easter baskets are simply adorable, enjoyed your tutorial. I need visual too.

What a class act.

xo, Marian

Susan said...

I just found you on pinterest and love the project. And your photos are good. I needed an SU project just like this. Thanks so much for sharing. Susan from Aberdeen, Maryland

Marina said...

I hope I am lucky and my comment goes through . . . THANKS!!! sooooooooooooo cute!! Will save this tutorial for Easter.

Marina said...

Hello Leanne!!! I finally did it . . . but promises are promises! I finally mailed a package for Cassidy. It has been boxed for several years; but I finally did it. My husband said: but the child must have grown up. I responded: It can be used at any age. Hope she likes it. It is a long time I do not receive postings from Jaydee. I used to open Weeinklings from her post and I have seen Cassidy grow up. Best and enough of everything for you and your family. PLEASE, acknowledge this message. Thanks!!!