Wednesday, March 23, 2011

CTD134 Decidedly Different

DSCF0169

Happy Wednesday, everyone!  Another Color Throwdown today, with Danielle as our hostess!  Fun colors today, and I’ve used them in a crazy way!  First, let’s see the hues:

swatch 134

I have been trying to keep on track with my weekly Christmas cards, so I made a wacky, decidedly different Christmas card using Danielle’s colors:

CTD134

Since this image is fairly large, I sized this card to fit into a business-size envelope.  I stamped the panels in the three colors, then cut out the smaller sections and adhered them; the scalloped mat is actually two mats aligned and adhered together as one.  I used some dyed seam binding, baker’s twine, (thanks, Tammy!) a button and a flashy orange snowflake (roll with me here, people) for my embellishments:

DSCF0168

Definitely out of the box, but I am loving it!  I know some jolly soul will enjoy it at Christmas time!  And just a hint…..remove your project from your work area before dying your seam binding…..let’s just say that a white gel pen came in handy on this project. 

Well, we hope you can play along with us this week!  Even if you don’t have these exact colors, use something close. All the details are over at the Color Throwdown blog!  And here are the designers’ links if you’d like to peek at their creations:

•    Broni - Splashes of Watercolor
•    Tammy - Stamp Happy
•     Barbara  - Paper Pursuits
•    Danielle – Wild Dragonfly Designs
•    Laura --Lil’Inker
•    Kristen – Mindless Creativity
•    Cathy – Crafty Thoughts
•    Guest designer, Keva Brown – HowNowBrownKow

Oops, I almost forgot the inside:DSCF0170

Thanks for visiting today!  (Look at the hair!)

DSCF0106

  • Stamps:  Happy Holiday Noteblock, Innie & Outie Holiday Greetings, Purple Onion
  • Paper: WW, Marina Mist, Pumpkin Pie, Haiku DP
  • Ink:  Marina Mist, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Versamark
  • Acc:  Nesties, Northern Frost Diecut, Seam Binding, Baker’s Twine, Button, MS Glitter, Heat & Stick Powder

14 comments:

Denise Willerton said...

oh....do I see little teeth down there? She is SO adorable! I'd better take the time for this color challenge, one of my girls favourite colors is orange and I just can't seem to work with it ~ so wish me luck! TFS your wonderful card LeAnne ~ have a great day! Blessings...

Barbara said...

I love non-traditional colors for Christmas and I love this! Gorgeous card, LeAnne!

Denise Marzec said...

Eeeeeeek! I'm LOVIN' the orange, glittery snowflake....toooooo cool!

Broni said...

I love the 2 different colored sentiments...it really highlights them! And I love how you interwove the seam binding with the twine! I love this happy color combo for a Christmas card! And how cute is your little dumpling!!

Cheryl said...

Your card couldn't be more fun, tee-hee!! Your granddaughter looks like she's in on the surprising Christmas card. Our weather today is perfect for celebrating Christmas. Thanks for brightening my day :)

Elaine M said...

Whoa! You certainly nailed the color challenge! Fantastic card! Cassidy looks like she heard someone say Santa....and look at her darling little teeth! Love this child!

dpkennedy said...

Ah, such baby cuteness!

Now, your card, it's amazing! I love that you used these colors for a Christmas card! The way you used the seam binding with the twine is genius! The orange snowflake is so cool!

Linda said...

Oh look at those teeth! So sweet.
I love your non-traditional Christmas colors. So cool I love the card!

Keva said...

This is so pretty! I really love that image and I like the way you used the colors on it. Really great card!!!

Cindy Major said...

Wow, that Christmas card is awesome!!!! Love the colors and stacked sentiments on the front!

Cindy

Hands On said...

Love the ribbon wrapped around the twine. Great effect.

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

I LOVE this card, LeAnne. It's so unexpected, but beautiful. I never would have thought Christmas when I saw those colors, but it works!

Juanita said...

Wow, what a fresh take on a Christmas card. It is so well thought out and beautifully crafted.

Tammy Hershberger said...

This turned out beautiful, LeAnne! I LOVE the non-traditional colors! And you got beautiful inking on the letters... it's perfectly done!