Sunday, March 27, 2011

Paper Players 40

DSCF0223-1

Happy Sunday to you! Nance is your hostess for the Paper Players today, and she has brought you a nice sketch again:

March Sketch-001 (1)

I took a little artistic liberty with my card and moved a couple of the elements; I hope that Nance won’t mind! I needed a birthday card for my SIL and she likes to sew, so I made a real quick card incorporating the corner of a piece of DP from the Sew Suite collection:

DSCF0223

I just love how that little needle & thread comes around the corner! I made a tag with the Tags & More diecut, but it was a little longer than I wanted so I repositioned it on top of the cutting area and ran it through my Big Shot again to get a smaller tag:

DSCF0220

I cut a tiny smidge out of the tag and adhered it over the needle so that it would look as if the needle was sewing through the tag!!! Corny, I know!! The little piece left from the “recut” was adhered to the back of the button card and used to fasten the Pear Pizzazz seam binding:

DSCF0224

Since the colors were soft, I used Sahara Sand to stamp all my images instead of black; I think it adds a more feminine touch! Although I did stamp the sentiments on the inside in Stazon Black:

DSCF0222

Hope you have a chance to play along with the other Paper Players using this sketch! Be sure to check out all the samples at the Paper Players blog—Happy Stamping!!!

  • Stamps: Sew Suite, Bring on the Cake, Tiny Tags
  • Paper: WW, So Saffron, Sew Suite & Pear Pizzazz Patterns DP
  • Ink: Stazon Black, Sahara Sand
  • Acc: Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding, Buttons and Tags & More Diecuts, Pinking Hearts Border Punch, thread, dimensionals

DSCF0201

18 comments:

Lesley said...

Love all your details LeAnne...your SIL will love this!

Carol L said...

I just love this card with the stitching! GREAT idea!!
Just look at that big beautiful smile! Lil blue eyes is such a happy baby!

Teresa said...

Gorgeous card, love the needle & thread, its all just perfect xx

Denise Willerton said...

I love this card LeAnne ~ your attention to detail is wonderful, your SIL will love this I'm sure ~ your darling GD is just that ~ darling!!!!! Enjoy your day my friend!

Wendy said...

Awesome card, LeAnne! I love it! Cassidy sure is growing up and she's so cute! :)

Doris D. said...

WOW This card is over the top. Love all the elements that went into a fabulous card. And the baby picture is precious. I love seeing her each day. Such a happy little girl.

Martha said...

LeAnne,

You are just one SUPER clever girl! I am not sure what is what on this card (buttons? needle? yellow thread?) I will write you an email and ask how you did it all. Love it! I will need to find that SU Sew Suite set. I loved the CAS card you made too using just the spools of thread in rainbow colors.

Take care and be blessed!
Love, Martha

Linda said...

Oh so Sweet! I love the tooth.

Elaine M said...

Making the needle look like it was sewing through the tag was not corny at all - it was genius! Everything about this card makes ya happy! Then of course we have those great big blue eyes and wide smile - sigh - how can ya not feel happy with Cassidy around. Hugs

None None said...

Gorgeous - I love the little details you brought in with the little tag being "threaded" by the needle. So clever! Your SIL will love the card.

Anne Marie Hile said...

LeAnne, this is so much fun! The soft colors and all of the details really showcase that stamp set beautifully! WOW! The pinking heart border is a sweet touch, too! Love it! :)

Ps: Could little Miss Cassidy's eyes BE any more blue? She's such a cutie-pie!

Ann Schach said...

I love the needle and the tag, LeAnne! Plus, the soft colors are perfect! Cassidy is just so adorable! I see toothies!

Tammy Hershberger said...

DARRRRling!!!!

Denise Marzec said...

I love how you worked with the DP so the needle is holding the tag. Awesome!

....my word, that kiddo has some beautiful, bright blue eyes!

jaydee said...

LeAnne, this card is SEW you! sorry.. couldn't resist.... It's fabulous. I love the time and effort you put into making the tag just the right size and also making the needle look as though it was going through the hole of the tag. the inside is darn cute, too!
Gorgeous
I know your SIL must have loved this
jaydee

Linda Callahan said...

Your card is perfect - love the details and the colors - and let's talk about the color blue.......wow what beautiful eyes!

Bonnie said...

This is such a creative card! It looks like a sewing project in progress! I love the soft colors and especially the needle tucked in the tag!

Nance Leedy said...

LeAnne, I ADORE this card! Love all the little details that are your hallmark especially the way you've used the corner of the DSP and placed the tag...love the inside too! LOVE it all!