Sunday, March 20, 2011

Pretty Palette 1

DSCF0139

Two posts in one Sunday—wowza!  There’s a new challenge out there called Pretty Palette and since I needed a sympathy card for a friend who lost her FIL, I thought I’d play along!  Here’s the palette:

Pretty-Palette-MTMEPPC01-450x550

I used another of Arielle’s images and sentiments (just can’t stop using them!) for my card:

DSCF0138

My friend loves gerbera daisies, so this was a natural choice for me.  I used Copics to color the image and printed the center of the flower on some SU Patterns DP.  Thanks for visiting today---gotta run!

DSCF0083

  • Stamps:  Digital, WFC; Polka Dot Basics, PTI
  • Paper:  VV, Real Red, Cert Celery Patterns DP, Home, MME
  • Ink:  Real Red
  • Acc:  EK Success Scallop Punch, Gingham Ribbon, Copics

8 comments:

Jean Franks Beck said...

Beautiful, LeAnne! I actually prefer sympathy cards with a bit of cheerful color - and this one is perfect. And, you've color-coordinated it with that adorable granddaughter of yours, LOL! She kinda looks like a beautiful pink little daisy rising like sunshine. Have a wonderful week!

Linda said...

Oh this is great! and you colored it like your adorable granddaughter. I just think there should be a face on those daisies. So pretty.

Kristin Eberline said...

OMG, your grandbaby is so sweet! I swear she looks a lot like you :] Love that she's always sharing her happy smile ♥

Your card is spectacular! I love that the colors are vibrant and bring a lot of positive energy. Something I'm sure your friend could use during this difficult time. Love your layout and the image/sentiment of Arielle's! Too cute! Thank you so much for helping us to kickoff the new challenge, we really appreciate it!!

Denise Willerton said...

your card is lovely LeAnne ~ and you've got me giggling along with Cassidy!

Elise said...

Ooooooooowwwwww! This IS sooooooo lovely and absolutely WONDERFULLY colored! If I had a granny SOOOOOO talented and fun, I'd be cackling like a giggly baby, too! {hee hee}

You are TOO much! Yeee HAW!

Laura Pryor said...

This is so lovely, LeAnne!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Love your card! Thank you so much for stepping in to play along :D The colors are so cheery! Perfect for a pick me up! PS Your GD is SO sweet! How cute. Enjoy your time with her.

Juanita said...

Beautiful.