Sunday, March 20, 2011

Paper Players CAS Sketch 39

DSCF0078

Happy Sunday to everyone!  It’s another Paper Players Challenge, and this week Jaydee has given us a Clean & Simple sketch:

March CH 39 CAS-001

and here is my card:

DSCF0075

I love CAS, so I couldn’t wait to start playing!  I chose a sheet of designer paper from the Botanical Gazette line; one side became my focal image, the flip side became my background.  I did a little spritzing, distressing and shading on the focal image, and I stamped the Woodgrain BG stamp on my background image.  My CTD teammate, Kristin, made a very cute little bird’s nest shown on this card, and that gave me the idea to make one for my card too!  Thanks, Kristin!  Mine is a little bit different, as I used hemp twine, then colored some pearls with a Copic marker to make my “eggs”.  Since my card is Not Quite Navy, I added another piece of the DP on the inside, stamping some of the Nature’s Walk images as well as a sentiment from Bring on the Cake:

DSCF0080

I hope you’ll be inspired to make a clean & simple card using this lovely layout.  Check out the Paper Player’s blog for all the designers’ creations, and show us yours too!

DSCF0077

  • Stamps:  Nature’s Walk, Bring on the Cake, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Woodgrain
  • Paper:  Not Quite Navy, Early Espresso, Botanical Gazette DP
  • Ink:  Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
  • Acc:  Spritzer, Hemp Twine, Linen Thread, Seam Binding, NQN Marker, Copic Marker, Pearls, Distresser, Curly Label Punch

17 comments:

Ros said...

This is amazing!!! look at that little nest! A truly beautiful card ...

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh! This is fabulous! The nest with eggs is so clever and creative...and cute,too!

Linda said...

Oh my I love this and I just got that stamp set. I really love that set. Now that bird nest is brilliant. I am CASing (is that right) this one.

Jean Franks Beck said...

Oh my gracious! This is beyond beautiful. I loooooove that little nest (I will SO be trying that), and the way you've spritzed and distressed the DP image. Eeeek, I haven't bought SU! for a long time, but they are calling my name with this new catty. You are definitely the queen of enabling, tee hee!

Lesley said...

Love this card LeAnne...that little nest is so tweet...
Lesley

Marian Garcia, Studio M said...

Your the Headliner in my eyes! Beautiful job on the CAS. Into my Favs.

xo, Marian Garcia
The Paper Players March 2011 Guest Designer

Nance Leedy said...

Oh my goodness LeAnne--this is amazing! Love the woodgrain stamping on the DSP (so glad you bought it!) and ADORE your twine bird's nest--genius! You are the master!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

LeAnne, i almost feel out of my chair after seeing that adorable, little twine "nest"!! You come up with the coolest ideas! Unbelievably, awesome accent with this stamp set. Gorgeous card! :)

veronica said...

leanne! this is gorgeous! love the colors, and mix of dp. the spritzing is such a nice addition to it too! and the nest, too cute.

Leigh said...

Beautiful card and I love the bird's nest. So cute.

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

I love everything about your card, but the little bird's nest .... WOW!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh how cute and so CREATIVE!...LOVE that nest with the pearly eggs!

Joanne Leddy said...

Fabulous! Love the nest! And the su! Botanical collection is one of my current favorites!

Elaine M said...

Oh Leanne! Just Lovely!!!

Cindy Major said...

That little nest is a fabulous idea!! :D

Jen Timko said...

This is so stunning! I love the ribbon cinched by the nest. Just gorgeous!

Juanita said...

Love this card {and that sweet little nest}