Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Birthday Blog Hop, PPA82 & CQC74!!

DSCF8014-1

Woohoo! Lots going on today in our little corner of blogland! First, it’s ColourQ time, and here is Arielle’s inspiration for you all to peruse:

cqc74!

Aren’t these colors fun? They were just right for a special card for a special someone whose birthday just happens to be TODAY!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TAMMY!!!!! And to celebrate, we’re having a BLOG HOP to honor Tammy! We hope you’ll follow along and play with us too---and if you can use the CQC colors, that’s even better! Tammy is such an awesome crafter—she has a heart of gold, is a great encourager and her creativity knows no bounds! She is always quick to get things organized and is a great Christian wife, mom and friend. Love ya, GF!

So first, let me give you a couple of details about the hop! It starts at Barbara’s blog here. That’s where you’ll head if you want to start at the very beginning, or if you want to see all the participants! From my blog, you’ll want to hop next to visit Kristin! All along the way, you’ll see amazing creations all created for our friend Tammy. So we hope you’ll show her some love too. If you want to mail her your card, just let me or Bar know and we can give you her snail mail address! So on to the hop! Here’s the card I’m sending to Tammy:

CQC74_LeAnne

I used a digi image and sentiment from Arielle and did some paper piecing with various BG and SU papers:

DSCF8015

I have lots of scallops on my card, which qualifies it for the Pals Paper Arts Challenge 82 as well! A couple of buttons and some crinkly ribbon, along with a my “friend” sentiment from SU’s You’re A Gem finished it off. Another quilt-themed sentiment from Arielle graces the inside:

DSCF8017

Hope you can follow along on our special birthday blog hop as well as play along with the ColourQ designers today!

  • Stamps: Digi, You’re A Gem
  • Paper: WW, Bordering Blue, Pear Pizzazz, Tangerine Tango & Pear Pizzazz Patterns DP
  • Ink: Stazon
  • Acc: Buttons, Nesties, Seam Binding, Scallop Border Punch, Small Oval Punch, Thread

DSCF8014

24 comments:

Chrisd said...

What a great card and Tammy will love it!

Barbara said...

This is awesome, LeAnne!!! I love that color combo and layout! What a fabulous birthday card for Tammy!!

Lesley said...

This is gorgeous LeAnne! Happy birthday to Tammy!

Tammy Hershberger said...

I LOVE it!!! I'm an orange girl, ya' know! It's fabulous LeAnne and I could not feel more loved than I do right now! THANK YOU so much for making my day so awesome!

dpkennedy said...

I adore your quilt! Your bow is just stunning too girl!

Laura Pryor said...

Oh this is so cool, LeAnne! This was fun! Beautiful card for Tammy!!

Carla said...

LeAnne, what a fabulous card. I love that quilt and those colors are so cheery. Thank you for playing at the PPA!!! Hugs,

Sherry Eckblad said...

absolutely beautiful and you have used one of my favorite images by Arielle.

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a delight of a card

Mary said...

Your card is beautiful. I love the colors used for this challenge.I also enjoyed looking at your blog. Your little Cassidy is so adorable.

Mary

Jessie/knightrone said...

So lovely!!

Heather said...

I love bright colors on cards and yours is gorgeous! And how cute is the inside sentiment? Love it!

Linda Callahan said...

These colors are gorgeous and so is this card! You are such an artist! I love everything about this!

Bev J. said...

Love the cute quilt stamp-neat colors.

Linda said...

Oh my goodness this is wonderful. I love the papers you layered. So pretty.

Betty Wright said...

LeAnne, this is fun and fabulous! Wonderful image and design!

E. Marie said...

Love the colors and all the detail.

Tania said...

I think she'll love the card; it's beautiful. You made great choices in how you put the colours together.

María de los Ángeles said...

A beautiful card, the colors and the desing are gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Awesome birthday card LeAnne!! Love the sentiment inside too!

papertrails leaver said...

what a cheery and bright birthday card you made! The heart quily hanging on the line is so sweet! :-) Amy

Kristin Eberline said...

Oh my, this is just adorable, LeAnne! LOVE how you used the vibrant palette...and that digi of Arielle's is so cute! What a fab idea to add a button on the side. Tammy is going to love this card!!

Lori said...

Fabulous card! Love the look of the quilt image.

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE that gorgeously detailed, little quilt and all your playful polka dots! TFS!