Saturday, March 26, 2011

Club Cards

DSCF0186

Thought I would share the two cards my hostess club members made this month. The first one featured the Framed Tulips embossing folder done as a square instead of a rectangle, and the silhouette image from Easter Blossoms:

DSCF0186-1

Edited to add: I learned to make the square embossed piece from my creative friend Donna at Butternut Sage. You can see a video of it here. We made a little “ruffle” of Newsprint DP at the bottom, and her basket was filled with Easter egg pearls!

The next one featured the Black Magic technique. A bold image was stamped in Craft white ink on Basic Black cardstock, then colored with SU colored pencils. This highlighted the SAB set Punch Bunch, the In Color Peach Parfait, and the Elegant Lines embossing folder:

DSCF0180

I think everyone really enjoyed these; I know I did!
Be sure to stop back tomorrow for a new Paper Players challenge!!!

10 comments:

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

That is a lovely and dramatic effect created with the white stamped on black and colored with pencils. Lovely! And the yellow and orange just makes me want to SING SPRING! Beautiful!

Kay Kalthoff said...

I love both of your cards! The ruffled trim is especially pretty on the Easter card!
Hugs -
Kay

Bev J. said...

I love embossing folders and those you used are so pretty. I also love silhouette images-great cards.

Lorraine said...

They're both knock outs! What wonderful projects.

Patti said...

What lovely cards! I especially like the black magic card - cheerful and eye catching.

Linda said...

The elegant soiree card is SO happy! It would brighten anyone's day.

Tammy Hershberger said...

These are sweet LeAnne, especially the pink and black silhouette!

Elise said...

BOTH of these fabby creations have left me BREATHLESS! They are exquisite, friend! Thanks for the SUPER inspiration! Yipeeee!

Elaine M said...

WOW - the black magic technique always knocks my socks off - beautiful card. Love the Easter card - How did you come up with the square instead of the rectangle embossing - or are they 2 different embossing folders? Outstanding cards today hon!!!

Denise Willerton said...

these are gorgeous LeAnne ~ I'm sure your gals were super pleased! Enjoy your Sunday ~ TFS LeAnne :-)