Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thankful Tablescape Projects

DSCF8067-001

Happy Thursday, everyone!  Hope you’re having a great week!  Now that my September clubs are over, I can share a couple projects we did.  One of the perks of being a SU demonstrator is earning free products!  I earned the Thankful Tablescape kit but knew I would not have a chance to use it for Thanksgiving, so I came up with some projects to “repurpose” all the goodies in the kit…and believe me, it’s a lot!  I still have some things left! 

The first project was a little goodie bag made from the napkin holders, belly bands and name banners:

DSCF8067

We used the Halloween Happiness set, some Witches Brew washi tape and black glitter on the hexagon-punched embellishments:

DSCF8068

It was so cool to write on the blackboard paper with the chalk marker!  The next project was a CASE from Deb Crowley (you can see it here) but again, I used papers from the Tablescape kit for all the layers except for the card base and stamped images:

DSCF8074

This time I used the Truly Grateful set.  The linen thread even came with the kit!  Finally, I wanted to show them the Circle Card Thinlets, so we made a card using the fold going a different way, and I cut some of the stripes off the journaling cards for an embellishment, and we used the leaves from the kit to go on the circle:

DSCF8071

The sentiments for this card were from Remembering Your Birthday:

DSCF8072

This sample is Baja Breeze but since that’s retired, we used Marina Mist and it looked just as great!  The Tablescape set is only $19.95 and my girls were happy to see that it has lots of uses for other than your Thanksgiving table!

We had a glorious day yesterday at the Solanco (Southern Lancaster County, PA) fair!  I won’t share all the pix today, but here are a couple:

Playing in a “sandbox” full of dried corn, looking for buried treasure!

DSCF5455

A cute little cow planter with some beautiful mums:

DSCF5459

Some very comfy napping pigs:

DSCF5461

And a smile after you’ve had some French fries from the Lions!

DSCF5478

Enjoy your day!!!

7 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Wow, you certainly re-purposed your tablescape kit! I'll bet your group just loved the projects! My favorite is the treat bag out of the napkin holder.

Cheryl said...

Congrats LeAnne! You were chosen as one of our Honorary Mentions for the A.R.T. "Baby Girl" themed challenge...head on over and grab your badge! ~Cheryl, Senior DT

Bev Gomez said...

Oh LeAnne, dang it I love that Halloween Happiness set but thought oh I don't need another Halloween set. I bought the other ones and didn't get that one. Such cute and darling projects. I haven't used the circle card thin lets yet but need to. Love the pics of the fair too. TFS! Hugs, Bev

Tracey McNeely said...

Great projects and photos!

Kara said...

love these!! cute photos too:)

Frenchie said...

ooo ,pretty card ... I love cassadys , it's soo cute !!
great job Ms LeeAnne !
have a great weekend
hugs to both of you !!!
frenchie

jenscreationstation said...

Oh my gosh! Solanco? I grew up in Lancaster! I love the pics of your grandaughter, they're as much fun as you sharing your projects with us!

(I miss the farmer's markets!)