Tuesday, September 24, 2013

CASology 63 Guest Designer

DSCF8155

Hello again, peeps!  A second post for me today!  Well, last week was my lucky week!  I had this card chosen as a winner for the CASology 61 challenge, as well as this one as an honorary mention for the ART 14 challenge and this one  for the Kraft Journal Make it Monday challenge!  I am so blessed!  So the lovely designers at CASology asked me to be the guest designer today!  And here is the cue:

download

Who doesn’t love autumn?  I think it is just about my favorite season…I am so drawn to the natural hues, and decorating for the season is one of my favorite pasttimes!  So I had a hard time narrowing down which autumnal image to use---I have SO many!  But I love this twig wreath from PTI, so I went with it:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings CASology 63 Autumn Wreath

I stamped it on Very Vanilla in Chocolate Chip, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry and Pumpkin Pie.  I didn’t have any twine dark enough to match my wreath, so I just “dyed” some SU linen thread with a brown Copic marker!  Perfect match!  To hide the thread on the inside, I matted my card on an Early Espresso card base and added this to the inside:

DSCF8157

I hope you’ll pop over to the CASology blog and show us your CAS autumn cards too!  Toodles!

Wee Project Details
Stamps Wreath For All Seasons, Autumn Abundance (PTI) 
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Early Expresso
 Ink Chocolate Chip, Cajun Craze, Crushed CUrry, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories Linen Thread
Tools     Copic Marker, Needle

20 comments:

Melissa said...

This card represents autumn so well, LeAnne! I love the warm, rich colors and the way the wreath is hanging from the twine! Just perfect!!!
Thanks for agreeing to be our guest designer this week! :)

Meghan said...

A lovely card LeAnne! I have that wreath stamp and I'm going to use it again now that I've seen this card!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Well, congratulations on another "win". I love this CAS Autumn card. Love the way you have the wreath hanging with the twine and the bow. I have always like this PTI set. You've showcased it wonderfully.

Ardyth said...

This is gorgeous and warm - so great to have you as GD at CASology this week!

Unknown said...

its beautiful! i think i have a stamp similar to that, i'll have to see if i can make something like yours...thanks for the inspiration!
~tracey

wienerhoneymooners said...

Adore this card, and I do NOT have this stamp, Now I MUST have it!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Congrats on you GD spot LeAnne!! LOVE this card, the wreath speaks volumes!!

Jen Mitchell said...

Congratulations on all the well-deserved accolades and for the GD gig! I love the colors of autumn too and this twiggy wreath is a perfect way to show them off!

Bonnie said...

Whoo hoo! Congratulations, my friend! A well deserved win. This one would win too if you weren't the Guest Designer! A beautiful wreath!

Linda said...

Oh I love this! That is a beautiful wreath!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful autumn card LeAnne, we are so glad to have you as our Guest Designer this week!

Linda Callahan said...

Love the wreath!

Linda said...

Beautiful card LeAnne. I have that stamp set (my only non-SU set!) And a big WOO HOO for all your accolades this past week - well deserved!

Shelley said...

Congrats! Very well deserved.

stampwithsandy said...

Well now LeAnne I don't think you were lucky, just super talented! Congrats x3! I love this card, what a beautiful wreath and beautiful colors.

Kara said...

beautiful card!

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

You know I love everything you do, Miss LeAnne...including this for sure;) Oh, this PA chill is setting in for the evenings, huh?

Kim S said...

Congrats on GD. And how perfect that it comes at your favorite time of the year! (Mine too!) I love this wreath - it's so sweet and simple and using just the twine to tie it up is a perfect touch!

Judy1223 said...

Oh, I do adore this PTI wreath, too...I'm so glad to see you used it for your autumn card, and you did so just perfectly! So glad to have you guest designing this week with us at CASology!

Kim H. said...

I love this stamp set from PTI and your card is fantastic! Beautiful coloring for the fall. A definite PIN on my "wreath PTI" board! :)